fbpx

E Bay Warning….

Home Forums Miscellany Community E Bay Warning….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Marzena

Mmloda
      Participant

So my co workers ebay account was hacked… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ she just found out on Monday…she’s not on there
        everyday and she had no idea what was going on until she recieved a phone call at home from some guy who claimed to have sold her a $1500 phone which she had no clue about… ๐Ÿ˜ˆ And the seller also told her that he did not feel comfortable shipping anything to Indonesia ๐Ÿ˜• I guess whoever hacked her account asked the seller to ship it to Indonesia and thats when the seller started thinking there was something wrong and decided to call the buyer to confirm.
        I guess the hacker got into her account and changed all of her information except for her phone number… :scratch: Because she couln’t remember the last time she recieved an email from ebay…. :scratch:

So she tried to sign into her ebay account and her password did not work, at which point she called ebay and was informed that she owes $20,000 for her last few purchases…which she did not even make herself. So now ebay is investigating and her account is frozen… ๐Ÿ™‚

What gets me tho is that she is one of those people that changes her password at least once a month to make sure things like this don’t ever happen to her and it still happens… ๐Ÿ˜•

I guess I just wanted to give everyone on here a heads up and I just can’t believe that someone would do something like this, I really hope everything works out for her… :scratch:

Marzena

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Oikies! Thanks for the heads up!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Adaneth
          Participant

Thanks for the warning!

Your poor coworker, I hope she can get that straightened out without too much pain. ๐Ÿ™ My brother had his account hacked in the past so someone could use his good feedback to sell crap from Asia. Makes me glad I visit my own eBay page nearly every day.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Wow that sucks. I hope it all gets worked out.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

darjeb
              Participant

That’s scary I hope she comes out OK

Mmloda
                Participant

Yeah me too…thanks everyone, I know that now she still has to prove to ebay who she is and she has to fax over a whole bunch of stuff to them to confirm that she is who she says she is… ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m not sure how long the investigation will go on for but hopefully she will not be responsabe for all of those purchases, cause that is alot of money… :negative: and it would really such if her feedback got tarnished because of this… :shrug:

Marzena

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.