fbpx

Durands in Calgary

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Durands in Calgary

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

So I went to Durands today to check out their Windstones. They’ve got lots and an order in to the factory, they said they’re acctually down in stock (Good Good). Okay I am sold on the Gold and EmPea colors, they are gorgeous. Though how I could doubt anything Melody produces….

Anyway, they have a couple of retired/hard to find pieces on display. I’d be happy to pick something up for anyone and ship it OR they have a 1-800 number and ship to anywhere in North America. All the info is on the Dealers page for Canada And they pack really well, even if your just going to the car and then home! Prices quoted are CDN and may be a bit more than you may be used to. Also all pieces are MINT (I had a good close look at everything)

Male Peacock Dragon – $200
        Vampire Bat Candlelamp – $90
        Peacock Mouse Wizard – $60
        Frog Wizard – $50

They had a bunch of regular production pieces too.

Now I know the mark up at the old store I went to was huge. Durands had a Gold Emperor for $350. I bought my Peacock Emperor from the old store I went to for $500, more than 10 years go. That’s probably why they went out of buisness ๐Ÿ˜ก

omg Canadian prices! SWEET! Thanks for the info ๐Ÿ˜€

Elena
        Participant

You’re Welcome!

SPark
          Participant

Ooo… the mouse wizard tempts me.

Jodi
            Participant

The Vampire Bat Candlelamp, the Peacock Mouse Wizard, and the Frog Wizard are not retired. The Vampire Bat CL retails for $64. The Peacock Mouse Wizard retails for $63. And the Frog Wizard retails for $51.

Of course, my prices are US dollars, so that may be the difference. It looks like the Frog Wizard and the Mouse Wizard are good deals.

Elena
              Participant

I think that it works out about even with the exchange rate emerald.

Hmm… for some reason I thought the Vampire Bat was retired… Must recheck my list….

*** Checking. It looks like the Mouse and Frog wizard are good deals (based on the US prices above)

littleironhorse
                Participant

Plus, when you have it shipped across the border to Canada, you end up having to pay duties on it.

From what I’ve observed so far, it usually comes out pretty even. Once in a while you get a good deal and once in a while a not so good deal.

SPark
                  Participant

Um?

I thought the peacock mouse wizard was retired? Now I’m confused. I’ve not seen him listed at any of the online stores I’ve looked at.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

SPark wrote:

Um?

I thought the peacock mouse wizard was retired? Now I’m confused. I’ve not seen him listed at any of the online stores I’ve looked at.

๐Ÿ˜• He has to be… peacock is retired… Maybe there are still some at Windstone, but it should still be considered retired along with the rest of the peacocks.

SPark
                      Participant

Ah. Righty. *nods* Hrm. Now I have to decide…

I think I’m going to have to say no though. I need to save!

wolflodge100
                        Participant

No, the wizards are still available in the peacock as regular production except the cat wizard.

Jodi
                          Participant

Windstone only retired the Peacock DRAGONS. The other things in Peacock are still available. Look on my web site. The Mouse Wizard is on the Wizards and Castles page, and the Frog Wizard too.

The Vampire Bat CL is on the Candlelamps page. I have a Vampire Bat and Frog Wizard in stock, and plan on ordering a Mouse Wizard or two soon.

I don’t believe people in the US pay duty on things coming in from Canada, it’s only the other way around. Shipping is more expensive though, then buying from inside your own country.

littleironhorse
                            Participant

Ah! Didn’t know that… Live and learn ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.