fbpx

Dragon Hatchery!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Hatchery!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author
    Bob

I did not have time to learn the rules or really participate due to my work schedule
      I’m falling behind on my egg collection I fear

The trees look beautiful. I also just did not have the time over Christmas. Between kids home from College and Family from out of state I had very little computer time LOL I just got my first cheese dragon last week!
      Congrats to the winners. hopefully I’ll have better luck next year. Hopefully

Jerusha
      Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Jerusha wrote:

Well, I didn’t have quite the luck that you did, eaglefeather, but I *do* have promises from a 1st prize winner and a 3rd prize winner for eggs (I offered to trade, they offered to gift). I’m 2nd on one list (but after they gift friends, keep a few, and breed a few trades… then they’ll start on their gift-drop list) and same situation with the other person except they haven’t made a list yet so I don’t know how far down I am…. it’ll probably be a few months’ wait but it’ll be worth it.

And I plan to make pretty even-gen lineages with mine, breed them, and spread the love for free also! Now just gotta go find a 2nd prize winner… *off to hunt*

What do you mean you don’t have the same luck as I do! that is the same luck silly!!! I have a promise for a 3rd and 1st prize egg, but not a second prize one. lol, That is AWESOME!!
        Two Windstoner’s spreading the love! 😛

You are right 😀 I had misread one of your posts to mean that you had been randomly offered a prize dragon egg without requesting it by PM, whereas I basically hunted prizewinners down on the forum and PM’d them (politely and offering trade, of course). I re-read and now see that we both did the same thing 8) Now we will both be able to give away 3rd gen prize dragon eggs!

In other DC news, what happened to me last night TOTALLY made up for not “placing” in the tree contest. Someone who shared my birthday gifted me an Ice egg, which was the last egg of the Legendary Trio (Ice, Magma, Thunder) I needed in order to start trying their “Summon” action to get a Guardian of Nature egg.
        The Ice grew up last night, so I was completely excited to try Summon for the first time. And it WORKED!!!!! I got a Guardian of Nature egg on my first try! 😮 I can hardly believe it. (Wish there was a way I could spread the love…. anybody need Trio eggs?)

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Jerusha wrote:

In other DC news, what happened to me last night TOTALLY made up for not “placing” in the tree contest. Someone who shared my birthday gifted me an Ice egg, which was the last egg of the Legendary Trio (Ice, Magma, Thunder) I needed in order to start trying their “Summon” action to get a Guardian of Nature egg.

The Ice grew up last night, so I was completely excited to try Summon for the first time. And it WORKED!!!!! I got a Guardian of Nature egg on my first try! 😮 I can hardly believe it. (Wish there was a way I could spread the love…. anybody need Trio eggs?)
          😛 Lucky! I got my legendary trio when they were first release and have been trying to summon every time I can since the action was released and I still don’t have a GoN.

Katherine
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Jerusha wrote:

😛 Lucky! I got my legendary trio when they were first release and have been trying to summon every time I can since the action was released and I still don’t have a GoN.

Double that… 😛 😛 ! lol
            I don’t have one either, and I have been trying FOREVER! Lucky ducky you!!! 🙂 8)

siberakh1
            Participant

I have an ice dragon. Don’t have the other two. Maybe this weekend I’ll try for them or something (if I can snag a few minutes and remember to log in and try!).

siberakh1 wrote:

I have an ice dragon. Don’t have the other two. Maybe this weekend I’ll try for them or something (if I can snag a few minutes and remember to log in and try!).

Ditto 😀 except no ice dragon. I take care of my Grand daughter Thurs- Sat. Maybe by Monday I’ll have time to try again. LOL

Rachel
              Participant

Wow! It’s so cool that some of you already have an in on getting an egg from the tree contest winners. I still haven’t seen them. Maybe someday…
                For those of you looking for an ice, I’ve been trying to breed mine recently to drop for people. No such luck. I do have a caveborn (maybe I have 2…). I’ll keep trying and let people know on here when I get one. Anyone have a request for pairing? I’ve been breeding with a winter seasonal, but I can try something else. I, personally, need a magma. Congrats on your GoN, Jerusha! Sweet!!

Rachel
                Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Awww….that stinks about having issues to keep you from the computer siberakh1, and Jesrusha, I am curious to see how yours looked like. I have a scrrenshot of mine…let me get it…
                  BUT! I have good news! I offered a trade to someone with a third prize dragon, and soooo…even though I am 6th on the list, we can all get a third prize dragon from mine, and then we all have leverage to trade for a second or first prize dragon!!

Here is mine! Can we all see everyone else’s?

What do you think?
                  (I thought mine was the prettiest of all of the one’s I had seen, so I was dissapointed I didn’t even get an honorable mention) 🙁

Oh oh! I saw yours. I gave it one of the highest scores (if not the highest) I gave any of them. I don’t remember for sure, but I know I scored it high.

Rachel
                  Participant

Jerusha wrote:

Ok, I think this will work… so here’s my tree:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And for the Sweetlings, I’m asking about lineage because I’m shooting for 2nd gen sweetlings where one has a pink parent, and the other has a black parent 😀 It’s all lineage and stuff. (Tho to be sure, it would be absolutely amazing if a person could get 2nd gen Sweetlings from the Chocolate and Rainbow spriter’s alts, wouldn’t it?!?) So eaglefeathers I will gratefully enjoy your Sweetling offspring, and then I’ll try to hunt down someone who’s breeding their black Sweetling with a CB white and try to nab that one too.
                    Thank goodness the Valentine ’08 ones are easy – no alts to scramble after there 😉

I didn’t see yours when I was voting. 🙁 But I saw the dragon right away.

Jerusha
                    Participant

Thanks, ghostndragon – I’m glad it was see-able! (I really did like it a lot, but someone else who used the same approach – making a dragon out of the ornaments – actually was one of the winners. I saw her dragon in voting, and knew I was beat 😳 I’m glad she got a prize.) And for what it’s worth, I don’t think anybody has seen the tree decorating prize dragons yet, not even the winners… they haven’t been given out yet as far as I know. I’m thinking we’ll all know when they’re dropped though – there’ll be lots of talk and links in IRC and on the DC Forum

I just can’t wait for Valentine’s Day… after this holiday I will be all caught up with holiday releases (well, except for a Holly…).

I breed my Trios pretty regularly… I have one each of Ice (2nd gen) and Magma (4th gen staircase), and two Thunder (one 2nd gen, one CB), if anyone cares about lineage.
                      If I have any luck getting Trio eggs out of’em, I’ll post my success here, and you can PM me if it’s one you need. Windstone admirers get first dibs in my book!!

Patricia
                      Participant

Wow…I can see I’ve missed a lot since I last messed around with my dragons. I’m going to have a hard time catching up to all of you. lol. 😀

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Bob

I’m wondering what the trio of dragons look like and what this summons is all about??

I’m not sure if I have any of them

Jerusha
                          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I’m wondering what the trio of dragons look like and what this summons is all about??

I’m not sure if I have any of them

If you don’t mind spoilers, you can read all about every single egg on Dragon Cave here:
                            http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Which_egg_is_which%3F

The “trio” we’re talking about is three different eggs/dragons: the Ice dragon (“This egg has icicles forming on it.”), the Magma dragon (“This egg is almost too hot to touch.”), and the Lightning dragon (“Whenever you go near this egg your hair stands on end.”)
                            When you have at least one of each of these 3 dragons on your scroll, AND you are “unlocked” (have fewer than 4 eggs and fewer than 4 hatchlings), you click on any one of the Trio dragons’ Actions and you will see a Breed Specific Action for “Summon”. If you use Summon and are successful (apparently the guess is that it is successful about 11% of the time), you get a Guardian of Nature egg.
                            You can only ever summon successfully twice (even if you lose one or both of your summoned Guardians to sickness, death, etc). The Guardians cannot breed even though they are gendered, and they cannot be abandoned as eggs/hatchlings. So they’re pretty rare, they can’t be traded for, and because of the low success rate it can take a while to get one.

Hope this helps :hi:

Katherine
                            Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Awww….that stinks about having issues to keep you from the computer siberakh1, and Jesrusha, I am curious to see how yours looked like. I have a scrrenshot of mine…let me get it…
                              BUT! I have good news! I offered a trade to someone with a third prize dragon, and soooo…even though I am 6th on the list, we can all get a third prize dragon from mine, and then we all have leverage to trade for a second or first prize dragon!!

Here is mine! Can we all see everyone else’s?

What do you think?
                              (I thought mine was the prettiest of all of the one’s I had seen, so I was dissapointed I didn’t even get an honorable mention) 🙁

Oh oh! I saw yours. I gave it one of the highest scores (if not the highest) I gave any of them. I don’t remember for sure, but I know I scored it high.

Awww…thank you. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 1,649 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.