fbpx

Dragon Cave Egg Exchange

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Cave Egg Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,167 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Why is inbreeding or long lineages bad? Is it just because it’s harder to predict the results of future breedings?

Rachel
      Participant

Why is inbreeding or long lineages bad? Is it just because it’s harder to predict the results of future breedings?

It’s only bad if you, personally, don’t like it or you’re trading with someone that doesn’t like it. If you don’t care, then it doesn’t matter at all. These are digital images, so it’s not like you’re going to give them a genetic disease, but some people collect interesting lineages, so… *shrug* I try not to cause inbreeding simply so that, if I wish to trade them, they’re that much more desirable for some people. That being said, there are some people that have intentionally inbred lineages. The lineages can be made to look quite beautiful, either way.

As far as not being able to predict future breedings, it doesn’t matter. Only the immediate parents matter. Anything earlier has no bearing on what the offspring are.

Elise
        Participant

πŸ˜‰ Just catching up. Finaly got one with lineage!!! YAY!!

littleironhorse
          Participant

Just PMed you about a potential trade UnicornBlues!

Misty
            Participant

Here’s a Sunset hatchling for somebody >.< It doesn't have a pretty lineage since I get a lot of dragons out of the AP!

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

*edit* still available, but it matures in about a day so if anyone wants it gotta hurry! And it is a little girl dragon >.<

littleironhorse
              Participant

I’ve got a Green Dino egg that I’d like to trade.

One thing I’d love would be a caveborn pink egg or hatchling. Or you can make me an offer… πŸ™‚

Kiya
                Participant

Oooh, I’d love a green dino egg, but I don’t have a pink cave-born. Do you need a white or a magi? I should be able to breed those soon.

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Oooh, I’d love a green dino egg, but I don’t have a pink cave-born. Do you need a white or a magi? I should be able to breed those soon.

I don’t really need whites or magis, but, I would also accept a female influenced pink egg or hatchling that’s not cave-born. Or other caveborn uncommons or rares.

Misty
                    Participant

I tried to breed some pinks and got diddly >.< Maybe next time!

Kelly
                      Participant

Okay, this may be a stupid question but, at what point did you all stop getting eggs and start breeding your dragons? Is there a certain amount of dragons you should have or can you start when you have a few adult males and females? Thanks in advance.

Tara
                        Participant

There’s no limitations on when you can start breeding. As soon as you have one male an female you can breed if you want to. And I’ve never stopped getting new unbred eggs.

Kiya
                          Participant

I grabbed your sunset, Misty. I had a boy so now I have a girl too!

If anyone needs sunset dragons, lemme know! The lineage won’t be awesome, but I should be able to breed them mostly at will. πŸ™‚

littleironhorse
                            Participant

I tried to breed some pinks and got diddly >.< Maybe next time!

Same here! 😐

But just as info for eveyone interested:

My Green Dino currently has about 5 days until it grows up (2.5 days to hatch and 3 days to grow up), so in that time, if you could manage to get your hands on a female influenced pink egg or hatchling that would still be my first choice, otherwise, my preferences would go to (caveborns only) Nebula, Striped Dragon or Black Dragon, or another rare.

I may become more flexible as it nears maturity, but in the meantime that’s my shopping list! :bigsmile:

Kiya
                              Participant

I should know the gender of my pink hatchling soon – I’d probably be willing to trade for the dino. πŸ™‚ I’ll let you know.

littleironhorse
                                Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,167 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.