Dragon Cave Egg Exchange

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Cave Egg Exchange

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,167 total)
  • Author
    Tara
    Participant

This thread is for requesting and giving away Dragon Cave eggs and hatchlings. So if there is a certain type dragon you’re looking for post it here and other DC users can help get one for you.

Note: You can request rare dragons but please be patient it can take a long time to breed one and there are lots of people seeking them.
      ————–
      Transferring Eggs and Hatchlings

Transfers between scrolls require a Magi(orange) dragon to do. If you do not have one fear not. Only one person needs to have a magi dragon. A transfer can be done one way(transfer) or two ways(trade). If you want to send a dragon to someone but don’t have a Magi, it will need to sent as a trade. They will have to send you something using their magi and the you offer the dragon you want to give them. People will sometimes just pick up a random abandoned egg to do this with just to be put back.

Sending:
      1. Click on the actions of the dragon doing the transfer and click teleport
      Or
      Click account,click active transfers, and teleport on the dragon you want to use.
      2. Select two way transfer if you wish to receive something in return otherwise select one way transfer.
      3. Select the eggs and hatchlings you want to transfer.
      4. Enter your password and teleport.
      5. Give the link to the receiver.

Receiving:
      1. Follow the link sender gave you.
      2. If it is a one way transfer just accept it.
      or
      If it is a two way transfer, offer something to the sender.
      3. The sender the needs to go into active transfers or the actions of the dragon being transferred and either accept or decline the offer.

note: DC does not notify you of any status changes to your transfers. If a transaction is completed the dragons will simply transfer. You will have to check to see if you have offers on your trade.

———————————————————————————–
      Mini Tutorial
      Helpful links

Dragon Cave Wiki – a good reference

Silvi’s Lair – self serve hatchery that collects views at a safe pace, no other hatchery needed(my favorite)

The Allure of Neglected Dragons – self serve hatchery that gains views at a good-fast pace, keep an eye on new eggs/hatchlings as they can get sick from too many views too quick on this site especially if you are using more than one hatchery (my backup hatchery)

Dragon Cave Focus – self serve hatchery (I don’t usually use this one so I don’t know the pace)

The Dragon Dump – self serve hatchery (I don’t usually use this one so I don’t know the pace)

My favorite type of hatchery is the self serve kind. They don’t depend on someone to update. You the user does all the updating. To use them just enter your username click the button, select the dragons you want to enter and click again. And if you’re bored or whatever you can help keep the hatchery clean by clicking the little button beside the adults and the hatchlings in the egg section (if egg and hatchlings are sorted). Usually only one hatchery is needed unless the time is running low.
      —————-
      Common terminology

CB – Cave born, these are dragons caught on the main page and have no parents.
      PB – Pure Bred, these dragons and all the dragons they’re descended from are the same species.
      AP – Abandoned page, this where you pick up eggs other users have gotten rid of.
      Alt – Alternate, some dragons have more than one version. Alt refers to the less common variation of the dragon.
      BSA – Breed Specific Action, some dragons have special powers they can use. For example Pink dragons can Influence the gender of your egg and Magi(orange) can teleport eggs and hatchlings between scrolls.
      Lineage – this is the parents, grandparents, etc of a dragon. Lineage has no direct effect on your dragon other than the the parent determine the breed of the dragon. Some people like lineages to be short or in a certain pattern. See here for a better write up on lineages.

—————-
      Getting Started

You have your first eggs… now what?
      The first step to raising your eggs is to get it views and unique views. Eggs and hatchlings use views to hatch/grow. The easiest way to get views is to put your eggs in a hatchery like one of the ones I have linked to above.

My eggs have holes in them?!!
      Great! That means that they are close to hatching. As your eggs get close to hatching they will crack and develop holes in them(your hatchlings will get wings and a gender when they’re close). You have 7 days to get your eggs to hatch(and 7 more for your hatchlings to grow). They will never hatch(or grow) before the count down timer says 4 days. The only way to get your eggs to hatch sooner is by using an adult red dragons special power incubate which takes 1 day off the timer.

How do I know if my eggs are sick?
      There will be a message down at the bottom of their view page when they are sick. You now also get a message at the top of your scroll telling you that you have one or more sick eggs/ hatchlings. It is possible for your eggs to die from sickness but it takes a fair bit for this to happen. Eggs/hatchlings get sick because they got too many views too quickly. Typically this only happens during the first day that the egg is caught/bred or the first day after hatching for hatchlings. When they get sick it’s best to stop them from getting views till they get better. To do this click on the action button beside the egg and click hide(then unhide to get once it’s better). This shrouds your egg in a fog preventing people from seeing your egg. While fogged your egg/hatchling will not hatch/grow so don’t forget to unfog it before the time runs out or it will die.

How many Eggs can I have at a time?
      When you first start you can have 4 eggs at a time. As you build up your collection of dragons you will receive trophies that will increase the number of eggs you can have. Here are the different trophies:
      Bronze(50) = 5 eggs
      Silver(200) = 6 eggs
      Gold(500) = 7 eggs

I’m sure I’ve missed stuff so feel free to post additions/corrections for me to update this with.

Tara
      Participant

To start things off I have a few eggs to give away. Here are the links:

Claim my purple hatchling!
        Claim my magi hatchling!
        Claim my magi hatchling!

If I can get an egg out of my gold dragons I may do a draw for people who don’t yet have one just so everyone has an equal chance of getting one.

——————————————————————————-
        Some Dragons that I am looking for:
        -CB vine for a partner of one of my dragons(*band head on desk* I never bothered to get a cb when they were easy to get, just bred ones and now I need one and don’t have one.)
        -CB Stripe
        -any tinsels

If you have one of these that you are willing to part with let me know what you want for it and I will see what I can do. I have most types of dragons so I can try and breed you something if you like but I’m not good at catching the hard to get CB eggs.

littleironhorse
        Participant

Thanks for doing this FlamingDragon, just had a quick look now but will go back to read in more detail when I have the time!

Misty
          Participant

Good idea! I have had some good luck in the abandoned area lately and if I can get them to breed I will share 😉

littleironhorse
            Participant

To start things off I have a few eggs to give away. Here are the links:

Claim my purple hatchling!
              Claim my magi hatchling!
              Claim my magi hatchling!

If I can get an egg out of my gold dragons I may do a draw for people who don’t yet have one just so everyone has an equal chance of getting one.

——————————————————————————-
              Some Dragons that I am looking for:
              -CB vine for a partner of one of my dragons(*band head on desk* I never bothered to get a cb when they were easy to get, just bred ones and now I need one and don’t have one.)
              -CB Stripe
              -any tinsels

If you have one of these that you are willing to part with let me know what you want for it and I will see what I can do. I have most types of dragons so I can try and breed you something if you like but I’m not good at catching the hard to get CB eggs.

I just went ahead and claimed your purple hatchling. Thanks!!!

Unfortunately I don’t have any rare ones or even a single breeding pair yet, but I promise as soon as I do, I’ll be happy to contribute my own here!

Rachel
              Participant

Very cool! When I get home, I’ll have to see what I can offer up. I have bred some nice ones (black stripe, geodes, etc.) that I’m willing to share with people. There are a few that I want, too. But they’re somewhat rare (the gold, bronze and silver ones that were given away to the winners of the tree-decorating contest last Christmas).

Kelly
                Participant

Great thread, thanks for the helpful links I’m sure these will be handy. 🙂

Elise
                  Participant

:bigsmile: This helped me alot. Can you find your eggs in the hatchery? If so, how or is your scroll the only way to see them?
                    All my eggs have holes in them. ***running looking back over shoulder*** :tired:

briteblades
                    Participant

Got it, thanks! On my forum sig!

Rachel
                      Participant

Yay! I’m glad.

Rachel
                        Participant

OH! I got a good one for someone. It’s an alternate Ridgewing with two caveborn alternate Ridgewing parents. See the lineage, here.
                          http://dragcave.net/lineage/ONPn5

The catch–I won’t be online later today and I won’t be online at all tomorrow. And maybe not Sunday, either. (We’re moving). So, let me know ASAP that you want it.

Edit: Taken. Enjoy!

littleironhorse
                          Participant

Can’t wait ’til I’ve got enough interesting dragons to start breeding!

Rachel
                            Participant

Some more goodies, including a geode egg!
                              Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

littleironhorse
                              Participant

Darn! I would have loved a Two Headed dragon, but I’m already at my egg limit!

littleironhorse
                                Participant

I had to do a bit of research on DC Wiki, I’m not very familiar with lineages yet.

Hey! I’ve got one too! 9 generations back though.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/fSNJI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,167 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.