fbpx

Don't forget to vote!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Don't forget to vote!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

I’m so freakin glad its election day. If I have to see one more political ad I’m going to puke! Don’t forget to go out and vote today!

Laurie
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I voted early on Saturday. I’m glad it’s election day as well. I’m tired of getting candidate phone calls. I hung up on most of them after I heard what it was. I knew who I was voting for, I didn’t need to listen to some recording.

frozendragon
          Participant

I kept getting tons of fliers in the mail.. it was very annoying..

I voted this morning.. there were like 10 people there… so I was lucky.. I’m sure it’s gonna be packed later

twindragonsmum
            Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

I’m so freakin glad its election day. If I have to see one more political ad I’m going to puke! Don’t forget to go out and vote today!

Same here! I’m on my way out the door to go vote and it’s snowing like crazy!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Maria
              Participant

I thought we out-of-country citizens could vote, but it seems that if you don’t pay taxes you can’t vote. (Makes sense to me.) So I’ll just watch from the sidelines.
                My choice of candidate won’t win anyway, and I don’t think much of the two main options… Meh.

Katherine
                Participant

I have a feeling of who may win, but hopefully it will not be as predictable as I think it might be. I can’t wait for all of this to be over as well.

Bob

Well I guess I’m the first one to mention names.
                    GO OBAMA!!!!
                    I can’t believe that in CA of all places we have this STUPID Prop 8 where the Church goers etc are trying to ban Gay Marriage. I have seen so many Yes on 8 signs since I live in the booneys that it makes me want to PUKE!!
                    I don’t have a partner and even if I did I might not ever actually want to get married BUT no one has the right to tell me I can’t.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

😯 😯 😯 I’m back home and I voted, having basically slid all the way into town… Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive or I’d still be stuck in town πŸ™„ 😯 😯 The boys asked this morning if I was voting today. They will be 13 at the end of the month and have really suprised us by following things so closely. They asked who I was voting for; I told them it was none of their business. They got kinda offended by my response until I explained that by law and rights I can vote for whoever or whatever I choose and it’s nobody elses business. They asked if I was voting the same way as Dad; the answer again was that it’s none of your business. Again the ‘why’ and the explaination that since I had the right to vote, it was my responsibility to study the issues and candidates for myself and make my own decsisions. Then to lighten the conversation up a bit (since this was all before school) I said ‘besides, if I vote and the things or people I’ve voted for or against don’t win or it doesn’t go how I want, then I have a right to complain about it…’ Sean said (with his best deep thinking thoughts face on) ‘What about people who don’t vote?’ and I said to him; ‘I don’t want to hear their complaints. They had a chance and refused it. They have no voice.’ So much for whatever they’re learning in school… They sure do get an earfull from Mum! πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

darjeb
                      Participant

Here in FL the early voting caused people to wait in lines hours long but when I went to the polls this morning about 9:15AM I got right in – no line – no wait I ws surprised I was in and out in less than 10 minutes – Thanks to all you Floridians that voted early. You would have to see our “new” ballot to believe it it makes the infamous “Butterfly” ballot of 2000 look good it is so bad.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Yes, absolutely! I drove my mom down this morning and we waited for maybe 10 minutes tops. Dad voted absentee (since he had to fly to FL this morning before the polls opened).

I always make it a point to vote and find it silly those who say things like, my vote doesn’t count, or why does it matter, since I’ve seen elections that have come down to single digits votes to make a difference, and know that others in the world fight just to have the right to cast a vote. If you don’t like any of the candidates, write in someone. I just need to change my party affiliation to independent after the election, since I never bothered to change it after I first registered when I turned 18 (I just picked a box :roll:). I never vote by party anyways… I vote by ability (or perceived ability). I’m getting tired of people assuming I’ll vote one way or another simply based on what party box I marked randomly years ago.

Since we still have the old lever voting machines, I’m strongly considering offering to assist at the next election in 2 years when the computerized election machines come in, since I’m a computer major and those who help out currently are no spring chickens and aren’t the most computer saavy.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I voted early. I had to work all day today, and rather than fight to get the time off it was just easier to do it last week. Indiana is one of the swing states, so my vote actually does matter. Although my grandma told me it’s more about the ability to be able to vote that is important. She never missed an election, but she remembered a time when she did not have the right to vote and it was important to her.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Rachel
                            Participant

I voted first thing this morning. No line. I am more excited about this election than any that I can think of. I hope the election turns out the way I think it will. But there are no guarantees. I’ll be watching as the polls close. After band rehearsal, anways.

I voted at about 9:30 we only waited in line for about 5 mins . I truly hope my candidate wins , i really fear what may happen if he is not . I wont name drop as this election brings much passion and tension with it . I dont need any one sending me dog crap in the mail πŸ˜›

We are also voting on getting slots here , i did vote for that because with out it our Maryland congress is ready to put out more taxes in the sum of 70,000,000 . We just had our DMV fees go up, our sales tax went up , we also recieved a tax on other consumer services and many more ..i cant afford another tax in this state

Laurie
                              Participant

I voted and Alyssa helped me. She kept trying to get my “I voted” sticker off my shirt. Afterward we went to the mall to buy some yankee candles and to pre order the WoW expansion WoOt!
                                Also I thought this was funny, it seems some stores are offering freebies to those who vote. You can get anything from coffee to adult toys 😯
                                http://www.wbaltv.com/money/17889137/detail.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.