fbpx

Does anyone know anything about paypal???

Home Forums Miscellany Community Does anyone know anything about paypal???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I hate them they suck!!!
    They made me verify my bank account because I spent 1000 in one month, well excuse me, my credit card always was accepted so WTF?? So now when ever I want to pay for something they want to take it from my bank account, I want to use my credit card to cover my butt, but it wont let me. It took 3 seperate 35 buck fees from my bank account because I didnt realize it was doing this. So now I am over drawen by 170 something and I cant fix it because it wont just take it off my credit card.. Does anyone know how it make it let me pay with my card???

PS

Sorry ski this is the money I owe you, I will figure it out by this weekend even if I have to use my freaking car payment.

lamortefille
    Participant

Whenever you pay for an item, you should always have the option to pay with your credit card. On the “Check Payment Details” page, look at the “Source of Funds”. In small print you should see a link for “More Funding Options”. That’s where you can choose to pay by credit card. Once you choose a credit card and hit continue, you will get a page with the “are you sure you want to pay by cc” stuff. Make sure you hit “yes”, because they actually have “no” highlighted. PayPal is devious!

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I hate them too, Ruff! I get stuck the other way around. I want to use my bank, and they’ll only let me use a credit card (mine is mostly maxed-no good there)

Sorry I couldn’t be of help ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Skigod377
        Participant

ruffian wrote:

I hate them they suck!!!
          They made me verify my bank account because I spent 1000 in one month, well excuse me, my credit card always was accepted so WTF?? So now when ever I want to pay for something they want to take it from my bank account, I want to use my credit card to cover my butt, but it wont let me. It took 3 seperate 35 buck fees from my bank account because I didnt realize it was doing this. So now I am over drawen by 170 something and I cant fix it because it wont just take it off my credit card.. Does anyone know how it make it let me pay with my card???

PS

Sorry ski this is the money I owe you, I will figure it out by this weekend even if I have to use my freaking car payment.

You already paid me. I dont think you owe me for anything else.

Maria
          Participant

I hope you get it figured out, Ruff. Can you let me know how much and when and what to pay you for the coiled peacock mother? I PMed you a few days ago.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

Sometimes it will only let you use protected sources (well I would think a CC) to pay anyone else outside of ebay. I guess Paypal sees the “pay anyone” option as risky. If you’re paying for ebay things, it should let you use any method of payment. If you’re buying outside of ebay, maybe you could get the seller to send you an invoice through paypal. That way you can just click “pay” as if it were a bill and it will let you use your CC โ“

lamortefille
              Participant

Maybe it does what it wants, when it wants. lol I have paid several private sellers with my CC without a problem. I feel safer using my CC with private sellers, in case there is a problem with the order. It’s much easier to deal with my CC company, than to try to get my money back through PayPal.

Participant

Are you a “verified” member? I know I became a verified member through my bank account and I have never had an issue. I know (at least at one time) it wasn’t a required thing. If you are verified and are having these issues you need to contatct them because something is messed up. It could also be that they limit members from using a cc over $1000 in one month because it costs them more money in fees to the cc companies. This is why when you pay for something it always defaults to your bank account and then once you choose a cc it want “to make sure” you want to use it. Why else would they make us jump through hoops like that?! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

frozendragon
                  Participant

it should let you choose how you want to pay….but you do have to verify stuff after reaching a certain purchase limit….

I would find a customer service telephone number and call and rant about the charges…they might wave some….

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

Are you a “verified” member? I know I became a verified member through my bank account and I have never had an issue. I know (at least at one time) it wasn’t a required thing. If you are verified and are having these issues you need to contatct them because something is messed up. It could also be that they limit members from using a cc over $1000 in one month because it costs them more money in fees to the cc companies. This is why when you pay for something it always defaults to your bank account and then once you choose a cc it want “to make sure” you want to use it. Why else would they make us jump through hoops like that?! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Ditto, Once I became “verified” I never had a problem. I was hacked once and it was a real pain, but they were actually pretty helpful. Slower then hell, but helpful none the less.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                      Participant

I hope I never run into PayPal problems like this. As of now, Swiss PayPal charges neither fees to me nor to the sellers. ๐Ÿ˜€ However, it doesn’t let me pay directly from a bank account. I had to get a CC before I could use it. It just wants a bank account as backup, as confirmation that you can pay.
                        Sorry for gloating a little. But I just won a ruby Riser despite Nirvana’s bid on it, so forgive me. ๐Ÿ˜€

lamortefille wrote:

Whenever you pay for an item, you should always have the option to pay with your credit card. On the “Check Payment Details” page, look at the “Source of Funds”. In small print you should see a link for “More Funding Options”. That’s where you can choose to pay by credit card. Once you choose a credit card and hit continue, you will get a page with the “are you sure you want to pay by cc” stuff. Make sure you hit “yes”, because they actually have “no” highlighted. PayPal is devious!

I’ll say…they make it sound like you’re better off paying directly from your bank account…and carefully don’t mention that you lose the protections that you would’ve had if you had paid with a credit card…

Bob

I also verified my account which took no time and I spent a huge amount of money last year and NEVER had a problem.
                          I think they want you to verify to make sure it’s you. It’s better to verify then have someone else make the purchase from your account and take months to get it back since you did not authorize it

Anonymous

You can go into your profile and remove your bank account, credit cards, anything you don’t want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.