fbpx

Does any one trade for PYO's?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Does any one trade for PYO's?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hey!
    I just got my little PYO yesterday(LOVE LOVE LOVE). I’m hooked. The detail is just insain. They are gorgious.

ANYWAY, I’m wondering, for future reference, does anyone ever trade PYO’s for discontinued peices? This little guy is fun, but I’d love to trade him for something else. Also, how do you guage a value on PYO’s since they are all different? I know detail, ect.

Will be posting pix once there’s enough to see, and get feedback. Too fun!

My husband laughed at me last night. I have been thinking really hard about what color to paint this guy. Then, it just HIT me the color combo I wanted. So, I grabbed the paints, and suddenly, I looked at my husband and said “Gosh, this isn’t very realistic is this??” He laughed and said most dragons he sees aren’t. πŸ˜†

At any rate, it’s a nice break from painting model horses πŸ˜€

NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Post your pics along with the pieces you are hoping to trade your PYO for and see if you have any takers. Other than that, it’s put him on evilbay and save up the cash for the piece you want. =P

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

Post your pics along with the pieces you are hoping to trade your PYO for and see if you have any takers. Other than that, it’s put him on evilbay and save up the cash for the piece you want. =P

I suppose that makes the most sense πŸ˜€

Another question. How do I ad pix? I just took a picture of his head, I’d like feedback on my color scheme and all that, but I don’t see anywhere to add a pic. I’m sure it’s right under my nose πŸ™„

Jennifer
      Keymaster

bluepony78 wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

I suppose that makes the most sense πŸ˜€

Another question. How do I ad pix? I just took a picture of his head, I’d like feedback on my color scheme and all that, but I don’t see anywhere to add a pic. I’m sure it’s right under my nose πŸ™„

IF your PYO is complete, there is a gallery for them! Click the gallery button at the top and create a gallery for your stuff. Please keep your picture around or under 100kb and the longest side under 1,000 pixels if you can though so we don’t kill anyone’s modems! πŸ˜†

If you have progress shots you wish to share, you will have to upload them to a free image sharing website unless you have your own site. http://imageshack.us/ is a good one. I try to discourage Photobucket because they can sell prints of your photos which is bad news for Windstone’s copyrights. Once you have an image uploaded there you can copy the internet address to the image and use the [IMG] button you see when you are making a post! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

This is as good as I can do πŸ™‚

http://www.jkatstudios.com/Process.html

Obviously, he’s not finished yet, but I keep looking at him and think he’s flat. Lacking something. THoughts?

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Hmm, he has alot of solids and not alot of depth, I’d try giving him an antique job with a walnut brown when he’s done maybe. Looking pretty cool so far though.

If you paint a PYO someone wants bad enough I dont see why you cant trade for a production piece. I’ve done it before.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Hmm, he has alot of solids and not alot of depth, I’d try giving him an antique job with a walnut brown when he’s done maybe. Looking pretty cool so far though.

If you paint a PYO someone wants bad enough I dont see why you cant trade for a production piece. I’ve done it before.

Thanks!
          I’m sure it’s on here somewhere, but is there some info about antquing a finish? i agree, he’s missing depth. Man he’s fun though!!

Maria
          Participant

I like your choice of colors, bluepony. And like drag0n said – antiquing can work wonders.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I like your choice of colors, bluepony. And like drag0n said – antiquing can work wonders.

Thanks!!

I am hoping somewhere around there’s info about anquiting, I have no idea how to do it. What parts get antqued? the whole dragon, or just certian parts?

Maria
            Participant

Have you checked the tutorial? I’d give you the link, but it’d not working for me… Anyway, if that’s not available, drag0n, Ski, and most other painters use a special antiquing medium. I paint with acrylics and “antique” before doing details by putting down a base coat, but basically antiquing is putting a layer of paint and then sponging it off again.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Have you checked the tutorial? I’d give you the link, but it’d not working for me… Anyway, if that’s not available, drag0n, Ski, and most other painters use a special antiquing medium. I paint with acrylics and “antique” before doing details by putting down a base coat, but basically antiquing is putting a layer of paint and then sponging it off again.

I’m on my husbands computer, and it’s a booge to work with, but tomorrow hopefully my computer will be “un crashed” and I’ll try the tutorial. I do remember I opened it once, but had a really hard time to get it to open. Had to mouseover just right.

Is teh antquing something I can get at the craft section at a walmart?

Maria
              Participant

Okay, the questions are over my head. πŸ˜† We don’t have a Walmart, and I don’t use it, so I don’t know. πŸ˜† People mentioned Dick Blick’s and Michael’s, if I remember right… But don’t take my word for it. Drag0n, help?

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Link to Tutorial

It opens in Adobe Acrobat, so if you don’t have it, it won’t open. But if you don’t have it and can’t download it, I can open it and email it to you as…hmm…another file extension?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.