fbpx

Do you name your windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do you name your windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I’m terrible for coming up with names for pets even, so I’m totally helpless with Windstones! I can’t come up with good names for any of my Windstones except my emerald oriental dragon. He just looks like a Ralph to me (don’t ask me why). I would like to come up with some good names for my Unicorns, but can’t think of any. Any suggestions?

Try going to babynames.com or americanbabynames.com and browsing through the alphabet. A’s, R’s, E’s, S’s have pretty names usually

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look them up. πŸ˜‰

DantheDragon
      Participant

Fweee finally have time to post my dragon names!

They are found here on the main page of my corner of the interwebs under My Dragons:

http://www.danthedragon.com/

Very few links work on there, so you have been warned! Also to see bigger pics of them, click on the thumbnail on their description pages.

Those are cool Dan. I espically like poking the dragon. hehe

DantheDragon
        Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Those are cool Dan. I espically like poking the dragon. hehe

Haha, thanks. I really need to draw a dragon to stick on the page with it XD

Your welcome. I also like the dragon counter. A dragon would add so much more to it, but it is still fun. πŸ˜€

Lokie
          Participant

Cool names, DantheDragon. And yes, I’ve learned for safety reasons never to poke a dragon πŸ˜€

The only Windstone pieces I’ve named are my stripey tan gryphon and my PYO winged wolf. But after reading this thread, I’m thinking of naming a few more of my PYOs. For some reason, I’m not sure how keen I am on naming my production pieces; maybe I’ll name one or two and see if it works out.

etruscan
            Participant

Most of my Windstones are nameless. However, I keep the names of pieces that arrive already christened – Young Unicorn grab bags, test paints from eBay, and PYOs (by other people). I think it’s easier to name them when the collection is small but mine isn’t anymore.

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

I don’t name my Windstones, other than the white GB Pebble wolf I bought to commemorate my white GSD, Milo.

Names don’t really come to mind when I look at my gypsum babies…besides, I don’t think I’d ever remember them all if they did. My PYOs have names though…Names like Zofia, Orchid, Victorian, Haru, Bongo, Duath, Medora, Cotton Candy, just to name a few πŸ™‚

Come to think of it…I have nicknames for my lovebird poads shown in my avatar. Murrisch and Maussade, German and French for GRUMPY πŸ˜›

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

dragonmedley
                Participant

Come to think of it…I have nicknames for my lovebird poads shown in my avatar. Murrisch and Maussade, German and French for GRUMPY πŸ˜›

Bwahahaha! It’s true, though, poads do have a grumpy look to them, especially the adult ones.

I only name the PYOs I paint (the ones I get from other artists also have names), but most are more descriptive, like CloisonnΓ©, Pleins feux, Tarnished brass, Zebracorn, Brocade… the only actual first names that I gave were to the horse “portrait” I did on a unicorn (I gave it the horse’s name) and a kirin with a crooked horn.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Some of my favorite Windstones have names, others do not. For example, these pieces:

My ‘Indigo Forest’ test paint Male Dragon has the name, “Indy” short for ‘Indigo’ and I like ‘Indiana Jones’

My Production Brown Male Griffin’s name is ‘Halifax’ – the names just sort of ‘strike me’ most times…

My Production original Peacock Scratching Dragon is ‘Etruscan’ – but he was named before I knew there was a forum member using the handle ‘etruscan’… so no, he’s not named after you, etruscan! LOL! πŸ˜€

My original Brown Production Baby KiRin is named ‘Scrimshaw’ because she reminds me of an ivory scrimshaw piece. πŸ™‚

For others, I’ve kept the names that previous owners may have given them that I still like. Such as my Production Albino Baby Kirin w/Albino eyes, who is named ‘PinKi’

And as mentioned before, some PYO or Grab Bag pieces are named already… :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                    Blocked

I have never thought to name my Windstones but like others said, my grab bag young unis and pyos people did for me came with names.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                      Keymaster

I have three with names.
                        The very first Old Warrior we test painted is Claude ( because he is clawed-looking), the very first emerald mother dragon we painted is Mawgrin. These two have been sitting on my nightstand for around 20 years.
                        I also have the very first peacock male dragon… his name is Dagron. ( “dragon” rearranged. )

Scathach
                        Participant

I don’t name my Windstones, other than the white GB Pebble wolf I bought to commemorate my white GSD, Milo.

Names don’t really come to mind when I look at my gypsum babies…besides, I don’t think I’d ever remember them all if they did. My PYOs have names though…Names like Zofia, Orchid, Victorian, Haru, Bongo, Duath, Medora, Cotton Candy, just to name a few πŸ™‚

Lol!

I name a few, but not all. I do name my PYOs.

Life is beautiful.

Scathach
                          Participant

I have three with names.
                            The very first Old Warrior we test painted is Claude ( because he is clawed-looking), the very first emerald mother dragon we painted is Mawgrin. These two have been sitting on my nightstand for around 20 years.
                            I also have the very first peacock male dragon… his name is Dagron. ( “dragon” rearranged. )

It’s cool that you keep and display your dragons. πŸ™‚

Life is beautiful.

Landipan
                            Participant

Most of mine have names. Sometimes as soon as you open them up they tell you the name they want and other times it takes awhile. I wonder though if when my collection gets bigger if I’ll have trouble remembering all the names lol.

*Formerly meowmix101
                              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.