fbpx

Do you name your windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do you name your windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I was going to call him Creme Brulee…

πŸ˜† That made me thing of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls and their pets for some reason.

πŸ˜† I didn’t even think of that. Didn’t she have a cat named Pitter-Pat? I had a cat (a real one) named that once… I think that’s where it came from.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I’ve only named one- my brown old warrior. I named him Smrgol. Kudos to anyone that gets the reference. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

I’ve only named one- my brown old warrior. I named him Smrgol. Kudos to anyone that gets the reference. πŸ˜‰

wasn’t he the older dragon in that animated movie whose name I will never remember about the guy turned into a dragon, helping a wizard and his daughter on some quest? I don’t remember much of it, save that the guy had to learn how to be a dragon since he was stuck in the form and the older dragon Smrgol had to try and pound ‘dragoness’ into his head. ::grin::

I distinctly remember being irritated that someone would be given the chance to BE a dragon and whine about it nearly nonstop. πŸ˜‰

Laurie
        Participant

I think your talking about The flight of Dragons movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons

Like half the black male griffins in existence, mine is named Skandranon. Generic, I know but heck, the wolf colour makes me happy because the browns and grays remind me of Zhaneel. *squee!*

My O. Peacock Sun dragon has been lovingly named Frank by a good friend of mine who loves oriental dragons. Being the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fan I am, I often hum “The Greatest Frank of All” when I see him.

Cause Frank is the best Frank, that ever happened to me! ;-9

Um, well only one has been named. My emerald lap is called Alfred. I haven’t named my PYO griffen yet even though it’s supposed to look like a griffen from my book that I’ll never write. I’ve got the plot, the characters everything. I’ve been battling writers block for that story for many many years. Almost 15 years. I’ve given up at this point. I might have named others but, they haven’t stuck. Hum, I think the griffens name was Cr’shendo, (maybe)I’d have to go look it up. I’m just way too lazy right now.

Bob

dragonessjade wrote:

Oh yeah. I do have names for my dragons. Fledging, hatching, mother, male, scratching, young, emperor, old warrior…etc.

πŸ˜†

That is where I am also!! πŸ˜›

Bob

purpledoggy wrote:

I think your talking about The flight of Dragons movie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flight_of_Dragons

I have that movie somewhere on VHS it has John Ritters voice as the young dragon. And James Earl Jones as the evil red wizard

Bob

after 18 years of collecting and over 60 pieces I would NEVER keep the names correct

Elena
                Participant

some of mine get names, others just keep the labels. My black griffin is Skandranon (go figure πŸ˜› )

Megan
                  Participant

I’m glad someone decided to ask this… glad I’m not the only crazy one who names her sculptures!

I blame my dad. One day a million years ago he bought my little brother a Gameboy (the original kind, that’s how long ago this was) and asked eleven-year-old me what I wanted. I told him the pretty green wizard mousie from Wicks’n’Sticks πŸ™„ My very first Windstone, still in one very pretty piece, and he’s been Merlin from the moment the cashier placed him in my grabby little hands.

Then came Gem, the emerald hatchling, and his emerald papa Jules (for Jules Verne and to sound like “jewels” to go with “gem”) and… you get the idea 😳 My collection’s on the small side anyways, so it’s easy to keep track of everyone.

SilverArrow wrote:

I’m terrible for coming up with names for pets even, so I’m totally helpless with Windstones! I can’t come up with good names for any of my Windstones except my emerald oriental dragon. He just looks like a Ralph to me (don’t ask me why). I would like to come up with some good names for my Unicorns, but can’t think of any. Any suggestions?

I wonder if Melody names her sculps?

I can imagine she does:

Melody’s Sculpting PYO griffin name: (*%(#*%#(@&%@#$()&%@!()* ARGH

Melody’s mother griffin sculpt name: (*$#@*$*&(#*$@#*(#@#$@#@^ WHY OH WHY!

CherylKaufman wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

I wonder if Melody names her sculps?

I can imagine she does:

Melody’s Sculpting PYO griffin name: (*%(#*%#(@&%@#$()&%@!()* ARGH

Melody’s mother griffin sculpt name: (*$#@*$*&(#*$@#*(#@#$@#@^ WHY OH WHY!

As someone who always ends up naming her own 3D projects something along these lines, I think this is probably pretty accurate! XD

EDIT: My PYOs almost got named that, too, but they’re named after the characters I painted them after, Dakota and Lindsay. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I was going to call him Creme Brulee…

πŸ˜† That made me thing of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls and their pets for some reason.

πŸ˜† I didn’t even think of that. Didn’t she have a cat named Pitter-Pat? I had a cat (a real one) named that once… I think that’s where it came from.

Strawberry Shortcake’s cat was Custard. Don’t remember a Pitter-Pat as any of the other pets either. Cheesecake, Pupcake, Sugarwoofer, Tea Time and Marza Panda are the names of the pets that went with the dolls I have in the top of my son’s closet.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Guilty as charged…I name mine. But, of course I also have to rename them when I forget. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.