Do the "Holiday Promoters" know its still fall??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Do the "Holiday Promoters" know its still fall??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Went store-hopping for discount Halloween stuff (gummy brains!!) and Thanksgiving decorations last week, and saw something very scary… CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ YO, PEOPLE!! We just got over Halloween!!! It’s still fall!! ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„

And that’s when I was reminded of one of my favorite holiday songs. ๐Ÿ˜† Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-47VmFopE&feature=related

Tara
    Participant

lol, that song is great and I don’t like Christmas music. Normally the only christmas music I can stand for more than a few seconds is done by Bonney M. But my favorite X-mas song is The Cat Carol. I don’t know why, it’s a very sad song. I challenge you to not cry listening to it.

(I voted still high on Halloween candy)

ForestDragon
      Participant

I try valiantly to find gifts for people all year round but I don’t appreciate the “Holiday” decor before Halloween. I don’t like to hear Christmas music in the stores 3 months before the actual holiday. It is especially upsetting to me since I don’t celebrate Christmas. The whole “holiday” season thing seems to me to be much too commercial. My husband feels like boycotting Christmas with his family for this reason.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Oh please, we’ve already had our Christmas displays up in Home Depot since the 2nd week in October. Any day now we’re going to start hearing the Christmas music ๐Ÿ™„ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We’re having a PRE Black Friday event on the 11th too…. can we beat this holiday up any more? Really? God I hate retail! *rant*

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
          Participant

Yeah… like Drag0n said… all stores I’ve been to had their Exmas display up in the first week of October. It keeps getting sooner. The stores use to put exmas stuff up after Halloween, now it’s with it… next year it will be before Halloween ๐Ÿ™„

pipsxlch
            Participant

I’m old enough to remember when it was Thanksgiving before the displays went up… ๐Ÿ˜ณ it’s seriously overkill and a turnoff how early they start now.
              I voted nope, but only because I like to start buying presents early whenever possible- sometimes right after Christmas.

Pam

I noticed on Halloween night, as soon as midnight hit, all the online retails sites changed over to Christmas decor. They were literally waiting for it…

etruscan
                Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I’m old enough to remember when it was Thanksgiving before the displays went up… ๐Ÿ˜ณ it’s seriously overkill and a turnoff how early they start now.
                  I voted nope, but only because I like to start buying presents early whenever possible- sometimes right after Christmas.

I also can remember when the displays went up after Thanksgiving. We would visit my grandmother in Chicago and the day after Thanksgiving we could go downtown and see the big department store window displays. (I’m also old enough to remember downtown department stores that filled the whole city block). I suppose the staff worked all night to set up the elaborate animated scenes! Of course, this was in the 1950s …

siberakh1
                  Participant

Yeah, beginning of Oct. is when things tend to start. Many people who do a Christmas club with their bank get their checks around Oct. 1 or soon after. I remember one year that stores (when the economy was really booming) tried to push it to Sept., just after Labor Day to start in with Christmas things and there was a huge backlash, so they backed off and it didn’t happen again the next year. They seem to stick to Oct. now. I know I bought my holiday cards already, but simply because I was shopping in a card store and happened to walk by a pack that I really liked (and I need to send some out early for my collegiate chapters for my music fraternity, before they leave for their winter break… some leave really early in December). Once Black Friday hits, one of the local radio stations will turn to all Christmas music.

Already planning my Black Friday early morning venture. I go to a little independent store for their 50% for the first hour to buy a Breyer or two ๐Ÿ˜ณ , get my hot soy chai and a breakfast bagel from the little coffee shop up the street, then off to any other stores or the mall to do some of the shopping for my parents (who don’t want to go out that early if they don’t have to, esp. if I’m already out and can get to where they want), then I walk around the mall for a few to people watch before heading home after having my hot chai and some bagel sandwich from the little coffee shop near the Breyer store. Home by 9am and back to bed before work. ๐Ÿ™‚ I used to work retail and Black Friday never bothered me too much. I avoid the area around the Walmart like the plague (it gets scary over there, especially before 9am!). Need to make my list out for my family though (they don’t know where to buy things like Windstones and wouldn’t even if I told them, except my mom will have me order what I want and she stows it away… so windstones already covered for this year), so I need to put down practical things that I need or things they can find easily, like jeans or things that they can find more readily, like a book or a cd.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.