fbpx

Deviant Art and PYO's

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Deviant Art and PYO's

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KoishiiKitty
    Participant

I have some good news! For those that might remember on the old forum, there was that notice that said ‘please do not post PYO’s on Deviantart’.

Well I asked John about Deviantart since it has been a long while and they changed thier TOS. John finally got back to me with an affirmative, it is now ok to post pyo’s on DA. Just please remember to add the Windstone Copyright info, and if you could put in a link for the windstone website, that would be very much appreciated.

good to know!! i actually didn’t know it wasn’t allowed to post them before… oops!

Amanda
      Participant

Oh…well…that is good to know! Especially since I never knew we were not supposed to and have a few on my dA account already :* My bad.

Anonymous

Thank you Koishii!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Thank you Koishii!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Oh wow, I’ve had a lot of my PYOs on DA for over a year now, 0.o …but they all have that info on them. I guess that’s why I was never asked to take them off.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

kitsunelady
              Participant

Oh wow, I’ve had a lot of my PYOs on DA for over a year now, 0.o …but they all have that info on them. I guess that’s why I was never asked to take them off.

Same. >.> *scratches head* Oh well. Uh, what was the reason he didn’t want us posting PYOs on DA in the first place? I mean, unless someone was claiming they had made the actual sculpt…but there are all kinds of repaints, resin kits, and ‘customized’ things on there…seems like free advertising to me.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Same. >.> *scratches head* Oh well. Uh, what was the reason he didn’t want us posting PYOs on DA in the first place? I mean, unless someone was claiming they had made the actual sculpt…but there are all kinds of repaints, resin kits, and ‘customized’ things on there…seems like free advertising to me.

DeviantArt’s ToS (terms of service) that you agree to every time you uploaded a piece used to be worded poorly, and left a legal loophole that could have hurt Windstone. It was worded in such a way that DeviantArt could have used any art uploaded there any way it wanted, which is a legal no-no for Windstone pieces. Would DeviantArt actually DO this? Probably not!! But, because of the wording, Windstone could set a legal precedent and it could cause them big legal troubles later on. Thus, the Windstone lawyer recommended against uploading any piece that is sold under the Windstone name to DeviantArt.

That (bad wording of the ToS) has apparently changed though! 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.