Demeanor of Posts and Other Bad Intentions

Home Forums Miscellany Community Demeanor of Posts and Other Bad Intentions

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Just curious, but John, will you be following up on this thread? I am interested to know your thoughts after hearing from so many of us!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

I’ve kind of skimmed over the comments, so I apologize if what I mention was already mentioned (If so, then take it as I second the original posters idea! haha)

I too have had a bit of an ill taste left from how some people have been acting on here… I’ve also noticed a particular trend in who the posters usually are, hell I was even involved in one of the Paypal issues… and though it could have sucked a lot more than it did for me, I really didn’t feel the need to flip out on forum (or even flip out at all), what’s the point in dragging *everyones* good feeling on this forum through the mud? Especially when it is pretty easily known that Windstone wants nothing to do with all of this drama.

What I think a decent solution to the problem, is knowing Mods can edit posts (and guessing they can delete full threads) I think anytime they feel the need to lock a post from negative feedback/arguing.. the entire thing should be deleted. Locked or not, the posts can be seen and they get their word out, which is all they’re trying to do… Hell, I’m noticing this thread, that is essentially saying *Stop it!* is getting highjacked by it.. but if those individual posts were deleted by a Mod with some sort of note of “Content not appropriate for this site” then the only time frame it would be up for is til a Mod spotted it, and since majority of this site would love to keep the peace, it wouldn’t take long for a Mod to be made aware… My hope would be eventually the instigators would realize there is no point in wasting their time writing things out because it would just get removed and they will no longer get their word out there.

Trades, Sales and all that glory, is a “Enter at your own risk” deal.. which I do believe is stated on the Classifieds someplace… None of this is Windstones business… Windstones business starts and stops on their own shops, and I can promise anywhere someone has had some sort of problem there, Windstone goes out of their way to make it right – Including when Candy Corns were sold, the shop glitched and oversold.. and instead of anyone getting a notice of “You’re one of the sad few who didn’t get one” Melody painted more!

This forum is the exact reason I have the collection I have… if not for it, I may have bought a couple and settled there… by this point, I have bought, sold and traded hundreds.. I’ve painted several PYO’s (I probably never would have touched one if not for the forum, I would have been too intimidated by it, but people here walked me through it and helped me problem solve).. I have made some amazing friends, and this forum has renewed my faith in humanity numerous times! When my own personal life stuff finally slows down, I look forward to being a regular on here again.. I would like to have a place to come back to, and I would really like to see it drama free.

Betrluk1
        Participant

i still have your purple and pink wolf kaytana! love her to deaht.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

i still have your purple and pink wolf kaytana! love her to deaht.

That makes me happy to hear! <3 😀 I'm so happy she made it into such a loving home!

Setsunawolf
            Participant

On my BJD forum, if you buy or sell there each party has a personal feedback thread. If you are involved in a transaction both parties may post feedback in the other’s feedback thread. Maybe we could create something like that here. Then people could look up users and decide whether to trade/sell with that individual.

I don’t know if there is a way for Windstone to lock someone being able to post in those forums. However, if the software is capable of that; perhaps after a warning such a measure could be taken.

I have both been scammed by a former member who was banned from the site, and almost scammed by another member in a trade. All that saved me was a case of the flu that kept me from mailing my trade out the day I promised to mail it. I understand the anger being scammed causes because 1. you are out the money/piece–whatever, 2. the disappointment, and 3. I felt really stupid that I got duped, and feeling stupid makes me angry.

However, that being said, I did not publicly spam the forum or social media because that is an inherent risk with a private sale or trade. I have offered warnings to people privately if asked or if it came up conversation, but it was through pm and done privately. We must all remember there is risk in private sales/trades. If you are really concerned about it have them post it on ebay and pay the extra money to ensure someone will protect your interests.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Landipan
              Participant

We have a thread/forum like that too on my model horse forum, over there we have a ‘green light, yellow ligt,red light’ system for rating how a transaction went with a buyer/seller. Green light obviously went great and smoothly, yellow light was if it went slow or communication was lacking but still everything ended alright, and red light a glaring warning to not do business. It’s a good system and easy to search through.

The only thing though with that idea is that these transaction forums/threads happen on third party websites, not on the actual manufacturer’s websites like here on Windstone. So I’m not sure they’d want that here on the ‘home front’ as they say.

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

The only thing though with that idea is that these transaction forums/threads happen on third party websites, not on the actual manufacturer’s websites like here on Windstone. So I’m not sure they’d want that here on the ‘home front’ as they say.

That’s pretty much the gist of it. As far as I understand, we just aren’t going to see a feedback system here on the official site. It would be easier, and less of a potential legal problem, to shut down the classifieds instead (which I am pretty sure no one wants). Energy spent toward theorizing different ways to do feedback here on the official Windstone site is probably not energy well spent; that said, if anyone wants to brainstorm a way to make a third-party, offsite, unofficial feedback system easier to use, go for it!

Our rules have been updated in an effort to help our collectors best protect themselves in personal, private trades with others, and the classifieds are provided (and supported at no cost to users) as a service to the members here to more easily find and sell/trade their pieces to one another in a centralized location. No one is forced to use them and there are many other avenues available, off site, such as eBay, Craigslist, unofficial Facebook page( s ), etc.

The mods and administrators ARE here to help if things go south very badly, and all other options (Paypal claims, etc) have been exhausted. Please just remember that most of us are volunteer, and those that work at the Factory are just a small family business; not even a percentage as large as places such as eBay etc.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
                  Participant

Geez, I have no idea what the back story is but I hope we don’t lose the forum over this. And yes, SPark is correct… there has always been drama and disagreements. Nothing we haven’t managed to overcome, though!

Starbreeze
                    Participant

Yes, I agree with SPark and Ski. I’ve been on the forum a long time and there has always been the occasional flare up of anger, back biting, soured deals, etc. The names are different, but the issues are pretty much the same.

While this sort of behavior is not to be ignored or tolerated, it is to be expected. Whenever you have a large group of people coming together, this sort of thing is going to happen.

Most of the time, the forum is a happy place where people with common interests can enjoy fellowship with one another. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect it to be that way 100% of the time.

Human nature is, what it is.

I don’t think it’s a reason to close the forum or the classifieds.

My two cents, for what it’s worth. 🙂

Rachel
                      Participant

Geez, I have no idea what the back story is but I hope we don’t lose the forum over this. And yes, SPark is correct… there has always been drama and disagreements. Nothing we haven’t managed to overcome, though!

This. While there has always been some level of drama, it all simmers down eventually. But only if those involved are willing to take it where it belongs–elsewhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.