fbpx

Deco Color paint markers

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Deco Color paint markers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

A question about the the Broad Tip Gold Decocolor Paint Pens. I saw Jen’s information on them in the repair tips section…but they seem to be oil based paint, so are these are still safe to use on Windstones? There is another type, Marvey Deco color paint pens, which are acrylic based. Would these be better?

I’m trying to shop for a kit or lot of these pens, would love to hear if people have used them and if they have better/best results from one type or another, especially if anyone has used them for more than just highlight repairs. I like trying to paint, however the sister is not a painter, but I love her art, and want to get a big selection of these pens so I can convince her to try a PYO dragon. Any insights will be much appreciated.

Misty
      Participant

I have used the decocolor pens on glass quite a bit but I don’t like to use them for anything detailed, they dry quickly (on glass anyway) and I use them to personalize the christmas ornaments I paint. I have used them once or twice on fired clay with no problem and on porcelian, but never gypsum. I would not suggest doing more than little bits on the PYO’s with them I think, even if they don’t damage them. That is just my personal opinion though. I have never used the marvey pens so can’t offer an opinion one way or the other there. :~ Hope that helps a little.

Jasmine
        Participant

I’m pretty sure they use the Deco paint pens at the factory. The only reason they don’t want you using oil based paint on PYO’s is that it doesn’t let the gypsum breathe. Just a tiny bit of the gold paint isn’t going to be a problem, unless you decide to cover the entire statue in it.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

I’m pretty sure they use the Deco paint pens at the factory. The only reason they don’t want you using oil based paint on PYO’s is that it doesn’t let the gypsum breathe. Just a tiny bit of the gold paint isn’t going to be a problem, unless you decide to cover the entire statue in it.

Exactly! You said it all perfectly. Emphasis mine.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.