fbpx

Dear Santa, from Dark_Zorse…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dear Santa, from Dark_Zorse…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear Santa…

I’d be lying if I said I was writing this letter for something for me.

This has been a really rough year. 8 people close to me have passed away, most abruptly, with little or no time to say goodbye. My mother broke her arm, and my sister was badly injured in a car wreck. Even I was down and out for a good portion of it myself… but I have managed to pick myself up and keep going.

This year for Christmas, I am not asking for Windstones, or DVDs, or jewelry. I’m not asking for clothing, or food, or even a few extra bucks in my pocket. To be honest, I have everything I need. I have my family, I have my friends, food in my belly, and a roof over my head. I even have a job doing something I absolutely love – a rare thing, these days. Even my Boss has been exceptionally pleased with me – complimenting me on my work and skill. Things I want are being put gladly aside until times are better, and to see others smile around me as I present them with the gifts I bought them for Christmas. The people around me this year are gifts in and of themselves.

While it is tempting to ask for something for myself, I would ask you to save my gifts this year, passing them on to people that are truly needing of them. I ask you give those near and dear to me a little bit of the Christmas spirit, so we may remember even these times fondly, and more importantly, remember those who have passed this year with memories of good times.

This is my Christmas wish.

-Dark_zorse

Melissa
    Participant

Very beautifully said.

Skigod377
      Participant

Very nice wish, DZ.

Maria
        Participant

Beautifully said. May I second it? It applies to me too (except for the dream job part, but mine is close enough).

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Beautifully said. May I second it? It applies to me too (except for the dream job part, but mine is close enough).

Yipes… I hope yours wasn’t as bad in the terms of people passing away. There have been far, far too many for me this year.

Maria
          Participant

Actually, no. (Some did, but nobody I was really close to.) I guess I should have specified that it applied to these paragraphs:

Quote:

This year for Christmas, I am not asking for Windstones, or DVDs, or jewelry. I’m not asking for clothing, or food, or even a few extra bucks in my pocket. To be honest, I have everything I need. I have my family, I have my friends, food in my belly, and a roof over my head. I even have a job doing something I absolutely love – a rare thing, these days. Even my Boss has been exceptionally pleased with me – complimenting me on my work and skill. Things I want are being put gladly aside until times are better, and to see others smile around me as I present them with the gifts I bought them for Christmas. The people around me this year are gifts in and of themselves.

While it is tempting to ask for something for myself, I would ask you to save my gifts this year, passing them on to people that are truly needing of them. I ask you give those near and dear to me a little bit of the Christmas spirit, so we may remember even these times fondly, and more importantly, remember those who have passed this year with memories of good times.

Sorry. Next time I’ll write my own Christmas wish and avoid the confusion. 😳

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Actually, no. (Some did, but nobody I was really close to.) I guess I should have specified that it applied to these paragraphs:

Quote:

Sorry. Next time I’ll write my own Christmas wish and avoid the confusion. 😳

Heh. No worries.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.