fbpx

Dear Santa,

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dear Santa,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie
      Participant

Ever since you decided to visit our forum I’ve been wondering what to write to you about. I finally figured it out yesterday. Our students had a half day, we had a holiday party, and after all the joking and giggling and gift exchanges were done I went back to my classroom and sat for a moment in the peaceful quiet.

Here is what I would like for Christmas.

For the boy who does graffiti art (you know the one) to overcome all his challenges. I wish for him to be participating in my class all the time – not just when he’s depressed and too upset to argue. I wish for him to find balance in his life. I know his home life is rough and I hope he is able to overcome that and grow to be the strong, energetic and /happy/ person I know he can be. (And please, if we could avoid another battle of wills that would be great.)

For the girl with the bad reputation, I hope she finds some true friends and learns to accept and love herself for who she is. I can’t get through to her, Santa, and I don’t know what’s lurking behind those green eyes. I want to help, but she won’t let me in. If you could just let her know that I care, and I’m here for her if she needs anything I would appreciate it. (And if you could get her to stop screaming in the halls that’d be great too.)

For my ELL kids. For them I wish for patience for me, to explain the assignments over and over again until they understand. To simplify the language enough that they can do the work, but balance it with enough challenges that they are learning English and progressing with their education at the same time. Thank you for them, they are the sweetest group of students I have. They make me smile.

For my TA (you know which one) who told me last week that when he was four he realized that there was a difference between “Normal dad and drunk dad.” My heart breaks for him, Santa, please make this holiday special for him.

For all my students I wish for stability and a good growing up. I wish they not only learn how to read and write from me, but also how to be kind to each other, and how to watch out for each other. So many of them have huge needs, Santa, so please give me the tools to help them flourish in my classroom.

That’s what I want for Christmas.

-Stephanie
        7th Grade Language Arts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.