fbpx

Dealers?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Quote:

I don’t honestly know if there is one store in Ontario that still carries Windstones.

In Ottawa, there’s a few – Rideau Center, Place D’OrlΓ©ans and St-Laurent Center – if you’re ever there.

In the GTA, the Green Earth in Burlington had some, but since the wholesaler went out of the picture, even if I encouraged her to do so, I’m not sure she’s ordered from Windstone.

We’re gonna have to march in there one day!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Oh, yes we need to go there. Can’t lose another dealer! I forgot about the one in Ottawa. Kind of far to drive really.

Jasmine
      Participant

Burlington isn’t much closer for me. And I could do the touristy thing and stay for a couple weeks in Ottawa.

John
        Keymaster

dragonmedley wrote:

Quote:

I don’t honestly know if there is one store in Ontario that still carries Windstones.

In Ottawa, there’s a few – Rideau Center, Place D’OrlΓ©ans and St-Laurent Center – if you’re ever there.

In the GTA, the Green Earth in Burlington had some, but since the wholesaler went out of the picture, even if I encouraged her to do so, I’m not sure she’s ordered from Windstone.

We’re gonna have to march in there one day!
          We are still getting new old customers from Canada as they discover that we sell direct to them now, but a kind word from the collectors sure helps. Some thought we went out of business or something.

Elena
          Participant

I know that story very well. I’ll start haunting stores again in the new year. The economy here is insane 😯

siberakh1
            Participant

Lokie wrote:

Ah, I feel so bad for my local dealer. They have a pretty healthy stock of all the new pieces with a sampling of all the sculpts and colors but my limited disposable income means I haven’t made a purchase from them in almost a year πŸ™ Hopefully they continue selling as I’d like to someday give them my business. Everyone who doesn’t have a local dealer needs to move here!

Which store? Is it near Boston or in RI? I can give my brother and sister-in-law a place to look for things I like, or when I wander out their way to visit πŸ˜‰

John
              Keymaster

foxfeather wrote:

I know that story very well. I’ll start haunting stores again in the new year. The economy here is insane 😯

Insane bad or insane good?

Lokie
                Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Ah, I feel so bad for my local dealer. They have a pretty healthy stock of all the new pieces with a sampling of all the sculpts and colors but my limited disposable income means I haven’t made a purchase from them in almost a year πŸ™ Hopefully they continue selling as I’d like to someday give them my business. Everyone who doesn’t have a local dealer needs to move here!

Which store? Is it near Boston or in RI? I can give my brother and sister-in-law a place to look for things I like, or when I wander out their way to visit πŸ˜‰
                  Near Boston- Pyramid Books in Salem, MA. It’s a New Age gift store with tarot readings. Definitely worth a gander if you’re ever in the area and looking for Windstones. Plus, it’s Salem, so no one would give you a second glance if you came out of the store carrying a large dragon. Or five πŸ˜›

Skigod377
                  Participant

Its too bad. The folks who like fantasy are more often than not the same ones who dont have alot of money to spend on fantasy. We all know there is nothing like the Windstone dragons out there. Everything else (for the most part) is the cheap-cheesy looking stuff. Fantasy folks can usually only afford the cheap stuff. Alot that I have met on here are artists who deal in fantasy art, too, and the same thing applies. I so wish I could get AAFES to carry them. I think a bigger variety of people shop at AAFES, and maybe that would help get he word out.

lamortefille
                    Participant

Lokie wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Near Boston- Pyramid Books in Salem, MA. It’s a New Age gift store with tarot readings. Definitely worth a gander if you’re ever in the area and looking for Windstones. Plus, it’s Salem, so no one would give you a second glance if you came out of the store carrying a large dragon. Or five πŸ˜›

There are a couple of other stores in Salem that carry them (at least there were a couple of years ago). One is the Red Lion Smoke Shop. They carry lots of fantasy stuff and the smoke shop is separate. The other place is called The Magic Parlor…

Lokie
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Lokie wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Lokie wrote:

There are a couple of other stores in Salem that carry them (at least there were a couple of years ago). One is the Red Lion Smoke Shop. They carry lots of fantasy stuff and the smoke shop is separate. The other place is called The Magic Parlor…
                        Seems things changed a little bit. Currently, the Red Lion Smoke Shop doesn’t carry any Windstones. The Magic Parlor has a couple of candlelamps (displayed in their Window!), and are more than willing to special order an production piece for you (very sweet owners!), but they don’t keep anything else on hand.

For the rest of the official dealers in that area: Crow Haven has one piece, Zu Zu Beads carries Maya Hill, and Crystal Moon went out of business πŸ™

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

I went to the Tinder Box in Pensacola and they only have two peacock wizards (large and small). From talking with the gentleman in the store I don’t think he will be ordering anymore. He’s one of the dealers who has unfortunately been hurt by Windstone opening their online store. He would have people come in and look, then go order online.

dragonmedley
                          Participant

John wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

Insane bad or insane good?

In Calgary, it should be insane good. The economy is booming in Alberta.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lamortefille
                            Participant

Lokie wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Lokie wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Seems things changed a little bit. Currently, the Red Lion Smoke Shop doesn’t carry any Windstones. The Magic Parlor has a couple of candlelamps (displayed in their Window!), and are more than willing to special order an production piece for you (very sweet owners!), but they don’t keep anything else on hand.

For the rest of the official dealers in that area: Crow Haven has one piece, Zu Zu Beads carries Maya Hill, and Crystal Moon went out of business πŸ™

Thanks for the update! The Magic Parlor is a trip, for sure. I could never stay in there for too long….I got claustrophobic. πŸ˜† That’s a shame about the Red Lion and Crystal Moon. I wish Beer Works would deliver. πŸ˜†

Kujacker
                              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

He would have people come in and look, then go order online.

Huh, that’s odd. Why would you want to order the same piece online when it’s right there in front of you? My dealer always gives me discounts when I buy from them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.