fbpx

Dead Week

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dead Week

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I know this is more of an East coast thing. We call the week before finals “Dead Week”. We just got our take home finals for World Lit II and I’m just about screwed >_>’ I hadn’t been reading anything for that class in the past three weeks. My own fault but his final is rediculas, even if I had been reading it would take more the set time to do it. This man doesn’t understand that we have other finals, research papers, and portfolios to do for other classes.
    Well, seems that I will have to pull several all nighters for this one. Wish me luck.

Skigod377
    Participant

Good luck!! And remember its better that people expect too much from you than too little. ๐Ÿ˜‰

^^’ Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind at 5am. It may give me a little more drive.

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Also keep in mind that all teachers think that their classes are the only classes you have, so they give you tons of work. And take-home finals tend to be harder, without fail, than regular finals held in class. I can see why you would call it “Dead Week.” So good luck, and remember you can party when you’re done! I always splurged on chocolate or video games when my finals ended! Good luck!!

Pegasi1978
        Participant

At the school I went to we only had a “Dead Day”! It was the day before finals started, no one had classes and everyone was either studying or partying – depending on how much the cared about their GPAs.

frozendragon
          Participant

our finals are next week…I have 3 diff projects due next week…and that’s only for 2 classes…

on class the final project is due tonight…and the other class I had an A in so I don’t have to do the final exam..

but I know exactly how you feel…

it’s a pain…

Katherine
            Participant

Good luck! I hope you do well!
              I just finished with my finals, and fortunately I recieved good grades in all classes but one. I got a “C” in my Secondary Education Management class, which really sucks because the only reason I got that grade was because I had to miss the last 4 class periods because of my baby. Before I gave birth my instructor was like “Oh don’t worry about it…we will work something out!” But once I gave birth her whole additude changed and she said my grade will suffer because I will lose out on participation points. But even after I had my baby, I made it a point to attend at least one more of her classes, and she still gave me a “C”! I am so mad because I think I have to take it over now because I don’t think the Education Department allows for Educ. majors to get below a “B” in order to continue on to graduate. Grrrr!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

darjeb
              Participant

Good luck with all your finals I hope you get good grades in everything

Megan
                Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I just finished with my finals, and fortunately I recieved good grades in all classes but one. I got a “C” in my Secondary Education Management class, which really sucks because the only reason I got that grade was because I had to miss the last 4 class periods because of my baby. Before I gave birth my instructor was like “Oh don’t worry about it…we will work something out!” But once I gave birth her whole additude changed and she said my grade will suffer because I will lose out on participation points. But even after I had my baby, I made it a point to attend at least one more of her classes, and she still gave me a “C”! I am so mad because I think I have to take it over now because I don’t think the Education Department allows for Educ. majors to get below a “B” in order to continue on to graduate. Grrrr!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Something that important, I would take it to the department head or higher and argue my grade. I mean, for goodness sake, you had a BABY!! You weren’t just randomly skipping class over there. ๐Ÿ˜•

You should be able to get by with a “C” eaglefeather, but it may depend on the curiculum there so I’m not sure. Thanks for all the good luck, I just finished a portfolio and half of a research paper so I’m where I need to be, maybe even a little ahead of the game, besides the take home final.

Katherine
                  Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Something that important, I would take it to the department head or higher and argue my grade. I mean, for goodness sake, you had a BABY!! You weren’t just randomly skipping class over there. ๐Ÿ˜•

I know! My other instructors were so understanding, and they worked things out with me, but not that one teacher! Fortunately, I found out that I just need to maintain a 3.0, which with that “C” my GPA dropped to 3.07. Talk about a close one! I usually maintain a 3.7! I am at least grateful that I don’t have to take that class over again!

Katherine
                    Participant

TheRedWriter wrote:

You should be able to get by with a “C” eaglefeather, but it may depend on the curiculum there so I’m not sure. Thanks for all the good luck, I just finished a portfolio and half of a research paper so I’m where I need to be, maybe even a little ahead of the game, besides the take home final.

Good! You’ll do great!

Maria
                      Participant

Gah, school. My tests are in November. That’s bad enough. I’m not going to start worrying about them until after summer vacation, though. ๐Ÿ˜›
                        Good luck, Red.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.