fbpx

Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp . Coming out in May . Trailer on YOUTUBE.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp . Coming out in May . Trailer on YOUTUBE.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

It’s finally started filming in England . So happy to hear this . Can’t wait for the first trailer . Comes out next May . May 11 , 2012.
      I’ll post the cast later after I’m more awake then now . Not a morning person . lol

The original series ran from 1968 to 1971 and had 1225 eps. And had 2 theatrical movies based on the series . House of Dark Shadows ( which made history as the first tv series that had a motion pitcure made while it was still on ) and Night of Dark Shadows . There were books , comic books and even broad games based on the show .

Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

Bella Heathcote as Victoria Winters

Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth Collins

Jonny Lee Miller as Roger Collins

Chloe Moretz as Carolyn Collins (Eliazbeth’s daughter )

Gulliver McGrath as David Collins ( Roger’s Son )

Helen Bonham Carter as Dr. Julia Hoffman

Jackie Earle Haley as Willie Loomis

Eva Green as Angelica Bouchard the witch .

Nothing on Maggie Evans or Jossette . Very curious .

It will be set in 1972 . No cell phones , no computers or video games .

Bodine
      Participant

ALRIGHT!!!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Carolyn
        Participant

Been waiting for this movie for 4 years ! I’ll edit above and add the cast .

LadyFirebird
          Participant

I’ll be waiting for this as well! Thanks!

Carolyn
            Participant

You can find out more on the Dark Shadows News Page .
              Finally it’s being made . I’ve seen pics of Johnny with a wolf heaed cane . Ivory looking instead of silver .

Next year this time we’ll be seeing it .

Keep wondering about the Pern movie , but nothing is said .

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

Another movie I’m excited about this summer is the remake of Fright Night! The gorgeous Colin Farrell is playing Jerry Dandridge the vampire. I’ve watched the original 100 times, it’s my favorite 80’s vampire movie! I’m excited to see one of my favorite movies remade with one of my favorite actors!

Kelly
                Participant

Wow, I’m so glad I saw this post! I loved watching Dark Shadows as a kid. I actually liked both versions of the show. I adore Johnny Depp, and as Barnabas….drool!!!! :p Thanks for posting this Sasha.

etruscan
                  Participant

Wow, I’m so glad I saw this post! I loved watching Dark Shadows as a kid. I actually liked both versions of the show. I adore Johnny Depp, and as Barnabas….drool!!!! :p Thanks for posting this Sasha.

I don’t know if it qualifies as a “kid”, but my friends and I made sure we were home from high school in time to watch “Dark Shadows” circa 1968. If there were two versions, I suppose that was the first. I can’t remember how long it ran – 18 months or two years?

Carolyn
                    Participant

Dark Shadows ran from 1968 to 1971 and was the first series to make a movie based on a tv series while it was still on . House of Dark Shadows . Then there was Night of Dark Shadows the second movie that came after the show ended . It’s on dvd .

Carolyn
                      Participant

Dark Shadows ran from 1968 to 1971 and was the first series to make a movie based on a tv series while it was still on . House of Dark Shadows . Then there was Night of Dark Shadows the second movie that came after the show ended . It’s on dvd .

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

It will be interesting to see what Johnny Depp does to the Barnabas Collins character. This was my favorite series as well. Johnny Depp always adds an interesting twist to his characters–I loved him in Alice in Wonderland.

I also saw mentioned something about a Pern movie–Dragon Riders of Pern? That would be cool! I may be getting old, but I’m a big kid at heart. I refuse to grow up!

Carolyn
                          Participant

They have given hints like him being poetic as a vampire and a womanizer when he was alive .
                            It just sounds good .

Yes Dragonriders of Pern . All I’ve heard is the screenwriter is working on it and his wife is a die hard fan of the series . So it sounds to be in good hands .

Kelly
                            Participant

:bigsmile: Being a grown up means you can make the rules! You don’t have to grow up so to speak, just be a responsible big kid, lol. The pern movie sounds great too!

Carolyn
                              Participant

Very true , Crowfeather .

Fritochick (Mary)
                                Participant

You’re right guys—getting older means you have your own tastes. Like displaying 12 emperors in the living room you just had redecorated—-NO MATTER what your older sister says!!!! Being over 55 to me means freedom!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.