fbpx

Cwiscuits

Home Forums Miscellany Food Cwiscuits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

It was a dark and stormy night. Me and my freind decide we want to make chocolate chip cookies. But we have no eggs. So we go over to my neighbors house, sliping and falling over on all the ice, and borrow some eggs. We get home and realize we dont have enough chocolate chips to make the full recipie on the package, so we cut the recipe in four. We mix all the ingrediants together. Unfortunatly we added two eggs like the original recipie said, instead of cutting it in four. Opps. We put the cookie dough on cookie sheets, then decide it looks too runny, and scrape it back into the bowl, and add more flour. We leave on cookie to see what would happen to it. So we add more and more flour to the dough. Then we decide it was too thick, so we add more milk. Then back onto the cookie sheets, and into the oven, and cook them for 10 minutes.
    After 10 minutes, we take the cookies out. They are very lumpy, and very big. They look like bisquits. They also tasted like sugary, chocolate chip buisquits. They are very hard, and very bad. Me and my freind sit there and wonder what we did wrong. By the next morning however, all the cookies will be gone, proving that my family will eat anything with sugar in it. Me and my freind decide to call the Cisquits, or, as my other freind suggested, Bookies πŸ˜†

Moral of the story? Dont add to much flour or eggs to batter. Hey, thats a moral![/i]

Lokie
    Participant

Saydee72 wrote:

They also tasted like sugary, chocolate chip buisquits. They are very hard, and very bad. Me and my freind sit there and wonder what we did wrong. By the next morning however, all the cookies will be gone, proving that my family will eat anything with sugar in it.

LOL, sounds like some of my family members. I’d probably be guilty of it myself if I ate sugar 😳

Well, I hope it was a fun experience πŸ™‚

Saydee72 wrote:

It was a dark and stormy night. Me and my freind decide we want to make chocolate chip cookies. But we have no eggs. So we go over to my neighbors house, sliping and falling over on all the ice, and borrow some eggs. We get home and realize we dont have enough chocolate chips to make the full recipie on the package, so we cut the recipe in four. We mix all the ingrediants together. Unfortunatly we added two eggs like the original recipie said, instead of cutting it in four. Opps. We put the cookie dough on cookie sheets, then decide it looks too runny, and scrape it back into the bowl, and add more flour. We leave on cookie to see what would happen to it. So we add more and more flour to the dough. Then we decide it was too thick, so we add more milk. Then back onto the cookie sheets, and into the oven, and cook them for 10 minutes.
      After 10 minutes, we take the cookies out. They are very lumpy, and very big. They look like bisquits. They also tasted like sugary, chocolate chip buisquits. They are very hard, and very bad. Me and my freind sit there and wonder what we did wrong. By the next morning however, all the cookies will be gone, proving that my family will eat anything with sugar in it. Me and my freind decide to call the Cisquits, or, as my other freind suggested, Bookies πŸ˜†

Moral of the story? Dont add to much flour or eggs to batter. Hey, thats a moral![/i]
      πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I had a similar experience when I tried making my first loaf of bread — I think I was ~12. I put boiling water on the yeast (if warm water is good, boiling water must be even better) and I kept adding more and more flour until the dough was completely non-sticky (had no idea what non-sticky meant, ended up putting in almost twice as much flour as the recipe called for). That bread was very, very bad…

Oh man. Just today, I was over at a friend’s house making cookies…

We had all the ingredients and everything. She had even made a special run to the store in order to get it all! Marshmellows, cocoa, eggs, vanilla… All was looking good. We made it through the first three steps just fine–until… the baking soda came up. My job was to stir the batter, my friend Charlotte was measuring stuff and dumping it in… she accidentally misread the recipe and put in HALF A CUP of baking soda instead of HALF A TEASPOON. >.< I didn't notice until I'd stirred a good deal of it in, and then after that it was all pick-scoop-try-to-salvage. We thought we got enough of it out, so we chucked 'em in the oven… and burnt the bloody heck out of them, on top of the fact that they'd run all over the pan and turned into one huge conglomerate mess.

And then came the frosting…

… Which tasted delicious (can’t mess up a mixture of butter, cocoa, and sugar no matter how hard you try), but through some strange twist of fate, it refused to thicken. It was like chocolate syrup. “What the heck?” says I. “Pour it on anyway,” says Charlotte.

So we did. Not that it mattered, as the gosh darned cookies were inedible anyways. They tasted TERRIBLE. The only thing we managed to do right was melt the marshmellows on top… and that was just a waste of marsmellows.

*sigh* We threw them–it, I should say–all in the trash. Nasty stuff.

It’s horrible when you mess up cookies to the point at which you can’t eat them, because then you’ve done all that work for nothing!

Skigod377
      Participant

I can relate to all of you. My sympathies are with you and the poor, unfortunate cookies. My prayers go out to the people who ate them.

frozendragon
        Participant

you guys are silly….I still don’t get how you can do that stuff….but I guess cooking just comes natural to me….

but those are funny stories…. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Skigod377
          Participant

frozendragon wrote:

you guys are silly….I still don’t get how you can do that stuff….but I guess cooking just comes natural to me….

You! Back in the kitchen.

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

You! Back in the kitchen.

*grabs broom in case Frozen puts up a fight*

Starbreeze
              Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.