fbpx

CP mother (putting feelers out)

Home Forums Administration Flea Market CP mother (putting feelers out)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

–UPDATE 8/18/2011–
      The pink curlie is on hold. I still have the CP mother available. If anyone is interested, I’ll take pictures. She’s from the first batch and has red eyes. I don’t think she has any purple.

–UPDATE–

Buckeye and Wild Iris will be finding a new home. Thank you! I have had some offers on the pink curlie, but I’m still considering selling. I will contact any inquiries soon.

—————————————————————————————————-

Well, it’s my turn for a giant vet bill. With 2 very expensive maladies within 4 months for one cat, I’m thinking it might be time to part with some stuff. I am not CERTAIN that I will be selling these. I am looking to pay for his vet bills, but I don’t want to just let them go. Please PM me with offers.

First is Buckeye. He was the November 2008 monthly raffle prize. I did not win him, originally, but I was lucky enough to win him when his original owner decided to part with him. His picture can be found here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/raffle-prize-pics#comment-733014
      Better photos (not mine) here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/buckeye-november-raffle#comment-663115

I am also considering selling:

A CP Mother–original run
      A Pink Curlie–the latest version

Wild Iris Grab Bag Young Uni

From
      From Grab bag young uni May 4, 2011
      Mmloda
      Participant

Would you be interested in trading anyone of the unis for a grab bag young uni?

Marzena

Rachel
        Participant

I’m afraid I really can’t consider trades, right now. I really don’t even want to get rid of them. But my cat will quickly be putting me in the poorhouse if I don’t find some supplemental cash. If I could, I’d be trading for a silver OW, anyway. But, alas, I can’t have pretties if I can’t afford my kitties.

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Whats happening with your little fur babies?

Rachel
            Participant

Whats happening with your little fur babies?

Oy. Just one, thank goodness. But in May, he managed to plug up his digestive tract (don’t know how, but it shut down his intestines), which resulted in needing barium force fed to him and followed via a series of several x-rays through his gut. He very narrowly missed out on surgery on that. Then just over 2 weeks ago, he was showing signs of a urinary tract infection (on a weekend, no less, when my regular vet is closed). I took him in to Banfield Clinic at a Pet Smart because they were open. They took a urinalysis, gave him an antibiotic and a pain killer, and prescribed special food. They’re spendy. Well, he was recovering for several days, then he got plugged with crystals. Of course…at night. So, quick trip to the emergency vet, who did a quick catheter and emptied him out, gave him more pain meds and some fluids to make sure he keeps peeing. But, by the next morning, the crystals were plugging him up again. I had to drop him off at my regular vet in the morning. They anaesthetised him, catheterized him, and kept him there all day until I had to pick him up to bring him to the emergency vet again for overnight and most of Saturday. BIG BILLS. Again, recovering. Except last night, he was obviously uncomfortable again. Not plugged up this time, but so inflamed he couldn’t pee. So, emergency vet again. If he keeps this up, he’ll need surgery to..um..remove extra bits so that his urethra is wide enough to keep this from happening so frequently.

Hannah
              Participant

Ugh πŸ™ I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty problems ghost – I’m crossing my fingers for your babies.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Rachel
                Participant

Ugh πŸ™ I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty problems ghost – I’m crossing my fingers for your babies.

Thanks, Hannah. Me, too. He’s a very sweet boy who doesn’t deserve to be in pain.

Rusti
                  Participant

Yeah, the chronic plugged boy kitty surgery (for the lay people) is no fun for anyone involved! I hope it doesn’t come to that!

dragonshoard
                    Participant

sent PM

Carolyn
                      Participant

Poor baby . I had a male cat that went thru that . Males cats are more likely to have that problem . He could not pee and in the car taling him to the vet . My mom driving , he realized where he was going and he peed on me . He was in my lap . Just great . He was young . He lived to be 20. And not nearly as bad as your poor kitty .
                        I hope he gets help and gets better .

Christine
                        Participant

Oh, my kitty had the same problem and it was a big vet bill that time too. I’m so sorry about yours!

Mine is a Banfield patient also, so I was buying their prescription urinary tract care food for him. It was about $50 for a big bag, expensive, but it was high quality and I noticed it lasted much longer than the regular, cheaper cat food he was on before.

I had him on wet food also at first (vet recommended), maybe that will help your boy as well? Just to get a lot of fluids going through him.

Eventually the prescription card for the special food expired, and I haven’t gotten in to renew. However, in the meanwhile I’m feeding my cat Purina Urinary Care, which you can get off the shelf without a prescription, and haven’t had any more problems.

I really hope your boy can make a full recovery. It’s just awful seeing them in pain. πŸ™ Wish I could help with a purchase but I’m probably going to have to part with some pretties of my own in the next couple weeks. Best of luck with your sales, you have some gorgeous ones, I’m sure you’ll be able to find them good homes!

Rachel
                          Participant

Thank you all, guys! He’s doing ok right now. Using the litterbox and not terribly uncomfortable. I’ve asked the vet for an estimate for the surgery if it comes to that. I’ll be updating the first post.

Grayfire_artz
                            Participant

Oh wow that sounds awful! I hope he continues to mend well!

Christine
                              Participant

Glad to hear he is improved. Hope he continues to be happy and healthy πŸ™‚

Rachel
                                Participant

Update:
                                  The two hoofers will be going to a good home. I still have the curlie and the CP mother. I have a good offer on the pink curlie, so it might also be sold.

I have been a bit negligent at responding and I apologize, but I’ve had my mom and my niece staying with me (arranged to have my niece fly here from Alaska a while ago, so timing stinks, but…). Anyway, Gandalf is having surgery today. He just can’t stay unplugged. It will be a long recovery, but I think it’s best. Poor boy. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.