Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Last week my poor guinea pig Fluffy passed away suddenly, not sure why and now we just have our other one Orangey left and I wanted to get her some food and treats and help her feel better. I went to the pet store to get her stuff and they decided to shut their doors that day to the public coming in so I had to put in a phone order and then come back to pick it up and they brought it out to my car. The other day my local grocery store started making people line up outside and would only let so many in at a time and then there were long lines down the isles where people have to stand behind lines spaced a few feet apart waiting to checkout. That was something I had to get used to.

As for events being cancelled they cancelled the Calgary Salsa Congress that was suppose to happen here in March where they usually get a few hundred people. I wasn’t going to dance in it this year as I’m taking time off dancing but I sometimes go to watch and cheer on my friends in their dance groups. Now I’m wondering if things will go back to normal before July because we have the Calgary Stampede here in July which usually attracts a million or more people over 10 days and we get visitors from all over the world. That kind of tourism brings in a lot of money for the city here so now I’m worried about it being cancelled. I usually work in a trade show booth there every year to bring in extra income.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Natasha
      Participant

My husband was furloughed today, so he won’t be paid after April 19th. Ugh. I’m hopeful that my boss continues to pay me. It will be very tight, but I would be able to make the mortgage myself if we cancel most of our streaming stuff, and I buy bulk food to keep us going. No idea when Disneyland will be able to reopen so we have no idea if/when he will be back to work.

In “when it rains it pours” less than FIVE minutes after we found out, we heard a weird noise. The hot water pipe/shut off valve under the sink had sheered off the Wall and flooded the kitchen! It was awful because the water was super hot and very uncomfortable. With a little luck, the parts we need will be here tomorrow and hopefully we can fix it ourselves. Lucky we were home, I guess, though! If we weren’t, the whole house would have flooded. As it were, I got it shut off before it got to the hardwood floors. Whew.

Sadly – this means I will no longer be able to support the Kickstarter. It really pains me, but I’m the sole breadwinner now, and who knows what will happen in the coming months. Just yesterday I wrote out my list of pieces so I’d have it ready to cut and paste it as soon as it went live. To whoever gets 94, 99, and 115 congrats! They are stunning.

Ok. I’m going to go have a cocktail and a nap.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Natasha, what does your husband do for Disneyland?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It’s a rough time for a lot of us.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Natasha
          Participant

Natasha, what does your husband do for Disneyland?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It’s a rough time for a lot of us.

He runs a band there and plays trumpet! It’s definitely our hope that his job is still there when this is all over. He’s been working there for 23 years!

Yeah, it’s definitely hard for lots of people right now. I hope everyone stays safe and that eventually we can all go back to normal!

I ordered the part I THINK will fix the sink…so….we might have water again tomorrow!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

LZ
            Participant

It’s sooo lucky to be home when a water pipe bursts. I had that happen to me once, a few minutes before I left the house for work, behind the toilet on the second floor. It would have been so much worse if I was not there and the water spewed for 9 hours at full force.

Starting tomorrow my work is going to take everyone’s temperatures via IR gun before allowing anyone into the buildings. That seems like a violation of my privacy? They insist I be at work as an essential employee, while 90% of people stay home, but they are treating me like their child or they own me? It doesn’t feel right for a corporation to do this.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

tig3r06
              Participant

It definitely makes sense to check temperatures. Some studies are saying there are asymptomatic carriers and some studies say people can shed the virus like 1-3 days before symptoms as the infection is progressing.
                I would love to do that at home before I go get groceries, but I dont have a thermometer and can’t find an inexpensive one anywhere, all are the fancy $40-100 or more ones. It’s as bad as looking for TP.

Bodine
                Participant

Natash:sorry about your troubles.Lucky indeed you were home.Youtube can help you fix the pipes.115 is my second choice,it’s a beauty.
                  Tigr:Hit up eBay.$14 and up.
                  Jeff got his schedule and he has a six day stretch.His boss was sent home for a month because she is a diabetic.His work tripled with no benefits.No extra pay,nada except putting us at more risk.He got burned.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted....Stone Lap...Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                  Participant

I had to make a grocery run to my local Walmart today and I was pleasantly surprised to find it almost fully restocked.
                    It was very nice to see that people here were doing their best to stay at least 6 foot away from each other and that here at least the panic buying seems to be over.
                    Colorado is under stay at home orders for everything except essential trips but everyone that I saw was being considerate of others.
                    As much of a PIA the pandemic is, it seems to be bringing out good manners and consideration that I’ve not seen in most people since I was a kid in the 70’s.

Looking for:
                    "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

I’ve seen a mixed bag here. There is a small park with trails about 3 minutes from our house. We went for a walk yesterday, and at the public basketball courts there were 15 teenage boys playing ball together, and I saw another group of 3 families again 15+ all having a picnic outdoors together. It’s not a congregate at the park order, it’s a stay at home order. We are allowed to walk the trails as long as we social distance, so we took our munchkin out in order to let her burn off some steam/stress. The trails were very empty which was nice. Had they been crowded we would have gone home.

When I went to pick up groceries yesterday, Everyone was staying apart and being very careful and good.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

tig3r06
                      Participant

Natash:sorry about your troubles.Lucky indeed you were home.Youtube can help you fix the pipes.115 is my second choice,it’s a beauty.
                        Tigr:Hit up eBay.$14 and up.
                        Jeff got his schedule and he has a six day stretch.His boss was sent home for a month because she is a diabetic.His work tripled with no benefits.No extra pay,nada except putting us at more risk.He got burned.

Thank you for the suggestion, but alot of the brands that are in stock on amazon and ebay at that price are the Dollar Store thermometers. I almost bought one until I read alot of the reviews. I’m not paying $14 for a $1 thermometer for people who are taking advantage of the pandemic and jacking up prices. Alot of the reviews on available ones are hit and miss, I dont want to waste money on a non-reliable product either. All the reputable brands are sold out. I’ll just have to keep checking at the store when I do my weekly grocery trip. I should have bought one in the fall when i was looking at them and thinking I should have one on hand 🤦‍♀️

LZ
                        Participant

You’re far from alone, Drag0n!

https://www.wfae.org/post/your-home-improvement-project-anothers-social-distancing-nightmare#stream/0

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Patricia
                          Participant

For everyone furloughed and let go during this time. My husband manages a bowling center and found out the federal government passed an act that will have everyone on unemployment from now until July 31st get $600 a week federally in addition to whatever the state is paying. So if you are eligible for unemployment be sure to get set up via your state’s website and download the app and remember to put in weekly that you are still unemployed to get the money. This is different from the stimulus check that everyone is getting. There is also a payroll loan that businesses can apply for to help with payroll and regular expenses at this time that if the rules are followed will be 100% forgiven. I recommend looking into that loan if you are a small business it will be very helpful. Even if you don’t follow the rules and the loan isn’t forgiven it will be considered a regular loan at an extremely low interest rate. It is worth the time investment to look into.

Good luck everyone and stay safe! We are trying to do the same!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Bodine
                            Participant

Please spread the word also to people, if you please,for people not to go to hardware and other remaining open stores just to BROWSE.Bodinetoo said he asked about half the 110 people allowed in at a time,if they needed help and they told him,”No,I’m just looking around.”REALLY? I couldn’t work there right now doing that.I would have to say ,”Well my family at home and I appreciate that.”
                              He said yesterday a fool brought in a dang MONKEY.UGH!!!!

Bodine
                              Participant

Check this out.A little store in my neighborhood is selling tpaper like this.Each roll.99 and in individual plastic bags.

20200408_0731192

20200408_0730303

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

I heard a few stores were selling the TP in singly wrapped rolls like that and limiting it to 2 rolls per person.
                                  What is going on? Have they stopped manufacturing TP and paper towels? I don’t understand the continued shortage.
                                  Do people really s**t this much???

(ADMIN EDIT: Please keep images/text family friendly, thank you!)

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.