fbpx

copying photos for a book

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody copying photos for a book

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: Good Morning,Ms.Melody,I an interested in making myself a coffee table book of your sculpts,some of them anyway.I was wondering what I must do in order not to infringe on anyone,as for the photos I choose.I have gotten them from here,off the forum.I do not wish to step on anyone’s toes.I just want to gather photos and make myself a book.Can I just do this and are there legal procedures I must follow?Not for profit,personal.Thank you very much 😀 😳

Melody
        Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Good Morning,Ms.Melody,I an interested in making myself a coffee table book of your sculpts,some of them anyway.I was wondering what I must do in order not to infringe on anyone,as for the photos I choose.I have gotten them from here,off the forum.I do not wish to step on anyone’s toes.I just want to gather photos and make myself a book.Can I just do this and are there legal procedures I must follow?Not for profit,personal.Thank you very much 😀

This is a question for John, I’ll see if I can get him to answer you.

Melody
          Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Good Morning,Ms.Melody,I an interested in making myself a coffee table book of your sculpts,some of them anyway.I was wondering what I must do in order not to infringe on anyone,as for the photos I choose.I have gotten them from here,off the forum.I do not wish to step on anyone’s toes.I just want to gather photos and make myself a book.Can I just do this and are there legal procedures I must follow?Not for profit,personal.Thank you very much 😀

This may be a big legal problem.. also a question for john..

Laurie
            Participant

Ya know Mel, You and John might think about puttting her to work making your official one. 😀 😉 :yes:

John
              Keymaster

The short answer is that publication, even for personal use, requires permission from the copyright holder. There are exceptions such as usage for certian refference material, like a school assignment, that may be fair usage, but not reproductions for the enjoyment of the copier or for publication. I think you can find and read the law at the U.S. patent and copyright office website.

Bodine
                Participant

Okie,doke,no problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.