fbpx

Colors of Przewalkskis?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Colors of Przewalkskis?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I love my przewalski family! Thank you! They all are so gorgeous! But I was wondering….were there any very light creamy babies and mamas done just like my papa? My mama is almost light enough,but baby just seems too dark for me! And too dark for papa too…LOL! Had to ask here before I run a classified ad asking to trade for light ones to match my papa. I do sooooo love how creamy he looks! Yummm!
    Thank you!

Marilyn
    Participant

I don’t know if there are lighter babies available, but remember that the Lipizzaner horses, the famed “White Stallions of Vienna” are born either black or dark bay. Most of them grey and then whiten as they grow up. Your little baby may just not have grown into the coat color of an adult, yet.

I don’t know if there are lighter babies available, but remember that the Lipizzaner horses, the famed “White Stallions of Vienna” are born either black or dark bay. Most of them grey and then whiten as they grow up. Your little baby may just not have grown into the coat color of an adult, yet.

Thank you! Baby also might have been rolling around in the mud a bit too and that’s why he is darker! I do so love papas color the best though!

scenceable
      Participant

I was wondering whether the males were that much lighter. I’m glad I didn’t get a baby, I like the light ones much more.

Melody
        Keymaster

I love my przewalski family! Thank you! They all are so gorgeous! But I was wondering….were there any very light creamy babies and mamas done just like my papa? My mama is almost light enough,but baby just seems too dark for me! And too dark for papa too…LOL! Had to ask here before I run a classified ad asking to trade for light ones to match my papa. I do sooooo love how creamy he looks! Yummm!
          Thank you!

This is why I decided not to paint a lot of these. The tan color is shaded over the cream undercoat , so a tiny bit of difference in the amount of paint will make them appear a different color. It was hard to keep it consistent. I should of done the babies much lighter, since, from the photos I’ve seen, the young ones are usually much lighter than the adults.
          I have no way to check if the color on the mares and babies varied that much … they are all sold now!

Thank you!

This is why I decided not to paint a lot of these. The tan color is shaded over the cream undercoat , so a tiny bit of difference in the amount of paint will make them appear a different color. It was hard to keep it consistent. I should of done the babies much lighter, since, from the photos I’ve seen, the young ones are usually much lighter than the adults.
          I have no way to check if the color on the mares and babies varied that much … they are all sold now!

Thank you Melody for painting them!!! I love this color scheme!!!! Love the dun factor. And absolutely adore the color of the papa! And there is nothing wrong with my baby, just for me, the lighter color is so much more of a wow factor! Funny, the baby was fine til papa got here LOL!

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

From the looks of the photos, seems the Buckskins did the same thing.. the males look much lighter than mamas and babies… I love the color of the males (from what I can tell in the photos) – mamas n babies seem a lil too dark for my taste, but that is just me… Someday I’ll probably get a male… someday XD

Kiya
            Participant

My baby seems to be the same color as mom and I don’t think his stomach/legs are as dark as your photo. Maybe I’ll try to get a pic later ๐Ÿ™‚

My baby seems to be the same color as mom and I don’t think his stomach/legs are as dark as your photo. Maybe I’ll try to get a pic later ๐Ÿ™‚

Hay Kiya, maybe you might want my darker one instead of your lighter one???

Kiya
              Participant

Hay Kiya, maybe you might want my darker one instead of your lighter one???

Mine match and I am happy. ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe daddy will change my mind when he gets here!

Watch your daddy one end up lighter than mine..LOL!

Kiya
                Participant

hahah, Yeah, that’d be my luck!

hahah, Yeah, that’d be my luck!

Nah..that’s my luck..if you can call it that..LOL!!!

Here are my Przewalski family with my buckskin mama and baby….

Photobucket

The two babies together…
                  Photobucket

And the two mamas together…
                  Photobucket

Still my favorite is the Daddy! Love love love his color! Still wish his mate and baby were his color…but oh well..they are all lovely anyway!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.