fbpx

Colorado

Home Forums Miscellany Community Colorado

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I hope that anyone here that is from Northern CO is safe and well. I have been watching the flooding events from CO unfold since Thursday with a breaking heart. So much loss! A very close friend lost the house she was buying. It was completely ruined and washed downstream. The road to their house was washed away so badly that it might be months before they can even get up there. At least they are safe!

I hope anyone here from CO made it through with less damage.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

LadyFirebird
      Participant

So scary–I do hope everyone that was affected is okay. Sending positive thoughts to those in that area.

Skylover
        Participant

Well, I have about $10,000 worth of hail damage to my house and car, but at least my house didn’t flood. My father and I installed a sump pump about three years ago, and I am so very grateful we did. Otherwise things would be so much worse. So many others were not so fortunate. I have lived here for over 29 years, and I have never seen it rain so much. Our infrastructure cannot handle it. Nothing like being caught in a storm in a Honda, and seeing rivers where the roads used to be…

I also cannot believe the drastic swings we’ve had this year. We started out very hot and dry which lead to all kinds of destructive fires. Now, we have more moisture than we can handle. I don’t know which is worse.

Kim
          Blocked

Oh no, there was flooding there too? I think the weather has been crazier than normal all over North America in the last year. We had never had that much rain and flooding in Alberta before either. I hope everyone there is safe and has insurance!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

I am visiting a friend in Denver right now, it doesn’t,t seem to bad, but I saw sand bags in Colorado Springs, although that is as far as I agave gone. I heard there are still five hundred or so unaccounted for. Sorry I am on an iPad of my friends, so typos

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

phantomess
            Participant

I live in Colorado Springs. It’s been pretty bad in some areas, and there have been losses for a lot of people- I’ve not personally been affected other than having to drive through nasty storms a couple of times. A coworker of mine, though, had her house flooded and the roof cave in. She had to bring her animals in to stay at work (perks of working at a pet boarding place!). I teared up watching all of the animals on the news attempting to be rescued.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Falcolf
              Participant

Glad you guys are okay! It blows my mind that it’s flooding this time of year, you would think that it would leave off because it isn’t spring.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Bodine
                Participant

So sorry for you guys.We can relate.Mississippi is sending aid,on it’s way.Every little bit of care helps.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.