fbpx

Color Shift Cougar Show Off Thread 1/12/2016

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Color Shift Cougar Show Off Thread 1/12/2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Aggie83
    Participant

I couldn’t find a thread for these, so I’ll start one. If redundant, I’ll delete.

Here is my red/gold cougar. I think he really is stunning, but trying to capture the coloring – GRRRRRRRRRR! But that paint is fascinating, You can see on some of the edges a bronzy-gold that I simply can’t capture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hannah
      Participant

Beautiful! I think this thread is a great idea – it’s so hard to capture something like a color shift, so seeing what it looks like in different environments and lighting is certainly going to be fun to see and helpful to people who are trying to decide on colors 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Aggie83
        Participant

Exactly, Hannah. Even though they aren’t a grab bag, I want to see what other people’s pictures bring out in the cougars’ different paints.

Betrluk1
          Participant

wow, seeing the red gold like that makes it look really pretty. its not that i didnt like the store photo, but live photos seem to show it off much better for sure.

Prezaurian
            Participant

Nice idea. I purchased a magenta/gold cougar, but I won’t be able to post pictures until next Thursday (at earliest). Mainly because she won’t arrive until then.

I’m puzzled though, the store pic shows black facial markings for this color but your guy doesn’t seem to have them. Am I just not noticing them in the picture?

Aggie83
              Participant

@ prezaurian – in mine at least, the only painting other than the color shift is his eyes and nose, no facial markings. His nose appears to be a pale pinkish in color and now that I was really looking at him, I think his eyes might be color shift as well in gold/green. I would have sworn they were gold, but when I held him up right next to a light source they look green.

Melody
                Keymaster

Nice idea. I purchased a magenta/gold cougar, but I won’t be able to post pictures until next Thursday (at earliest). Mainly because she won’t arrive until then.

I’m puzzled though, the store pic shows black facial markings for this color but your guy doesn’t seem to have them. Am I just not noticing them in the picture?

Oops…

Melody
                  Keymaster

I couldn’t find a thread for these, so I’ll start one. If redundant, I’ll delete.

Here is my red/gold cougar. I think he really is stunning, but trying to capture the coloring – GRRRRRRRRRR! But that paint is fascinating, You can see on some of the edges a bronzy-gold that I simply can’t capture.

Wow ! Those are really nice pics! This paint is insanely hard to photo.

PrairieVixen
                    Participant

Here are my two (Red/Gold and Gold/Silver). They are definitely insanely hard to photograph.

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

etruscan
                      Participant

Two color shift cougars hanging out in my laundry room (thus the unexciting backgrounds.) One is magenta/gold and the other green/purple. My camera is having trouble with the green – photo 3 showing the display side is most accurate, at least on my computer.

Photos under incandescent light:

The green/purple paint is amazing. The cougar looked green when I unpacked him under fluorescent light. The green actually is more blue green, but my camera isn’t picking up the blue under these conditions.

In other lighting he can look bright purple (mostly incandescent though there is a fluorescent bulb to the right).

Kim
                        Blocked

Wow, those are gorgeous! Can’t wait to get mine!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Aggie83
                          Participant

Thanks, Melody. You have done another amazing job, these cougars are just stunning.

Ferlin1984
                            Participant

wow! Those pictures are crazy! Same cougar yet two different colors, wow!

Rylorien
                              Participant

Here’s my purple/green color shift. Since I couldn’t get to her until after the sun had went down, I don’t have any pictures with natural lighting…I had a fun time trying to photograph her regardless!

indoor lighting, no flash, from the front:

indoor lighting, no flash, from above:

spotlight from the front:

spotlight from above:

with flash, which was completely inaccurate but hilarious to see:

Sikek
                                Participant

Wow…
                                  These are so pretty!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.