fbpx

Collectors Brought Together: Guest Map

Home Forums Miscellany Community Collectors Brought Together: Guest Map

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Reading on Kyrin’s trip to Canada, I got thinking hey why isn’t there a map saying where everybody lives because I don’t know if there’s another member almost next door! So I went and made a guest map! Here’s what you do:

zoom in a few times and double click the city where you live (or zoom in REALLY close and pick out your house), a pop up bubble will come up to make your mark:
    Name: Post your forum name
    Message: give how many windstones you currently have in brackets ( )

-click on other people to see their name and stats!

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/nukums

~If an admin would like to make this a sticky to stay on top for more members to participate it would be greatly appreciated!~

Lokie
    Participant

I think it’s a cool idea, all the other forums I’m on do it. But all’s I get is a grabby hand, I can’t click. What am I doing wrong?

Rusti
      Participant

I can’t do it either. All I get is the move the map hand.

Whoopsie it’s fixed now. I was confused about this one check box about ‘select no to prevent others posting a pin’ but there wasn’t a yes or no, just one box, so I clicked it thinking it was yes :scratch:

You have to click EXACTLY where you live instead now it wont use your IP address.

I’m there, in Mid GA. USA πŸ˜€

bayoudragon
        Participant

Sweet! 8) Now I guess there is no way to update how many Windstones I have on that thing, and it will constantly show 20. 😈

oooh, I’m now “social”. Yay for going over 100!

Bob

I tried to add myself but it is WAY west of where I really am in Lodi it came up more like SF area

BDW
            Participant

To bad we can’t edit for when I move. πŸ™

Dragon Master wrote:

I tried to add myself but it is WAY west of where I really am in Lodi it came up more like SF area

You have to really zoom in…I was able to find my location spot on!

Laurie
              Participant

I messed up. I’m north and west of where I live, But I’m there. πŸ˜‰

Ok, I fixed where I live. Just wish I could get rid of the first one. πŸ™„

I had to zoom way in too DM, the highway wasnt even on the map at first, wonder if anyone is more north, blah, but hey no snow today!!

Lokie
                Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Well, at least no one can stalk your home now. Your Windstones’ location are safe from us crazy members 😈

I clicked Satellite view to see where I clicked my pin and I see I’m hanging out in some person’s tree πŸ˜† They better not charge me rent =P

Laurie wrote:

I messed up. I’m north and west of where I live, But I’m there. πŸ˜‰

Ok, I fixed where I live. Just wish I could get rid of the first one. πŸ™„

I took care of that for you πŸ˜‰

I even got to the closeness of my street. I think I know the only other 2 people really really close, Snap and FlamingDragon 8)

Copper83
                  Participant

That was cool. I zoomed in right on our property. I missed it the first time though and was off by one street. Maybe you can fix mine too Nuke? πŸ™‚ The green icon is the right one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.