fbpx

clearcoating

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody clearcoating

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

purpleturtle wrote:

I love that color (Autumn Leaf) to. I really hope its not going to be just a limited production color, but a regular production for all the dragons squeek* .

Sadly we probably won’t see Autumn Leaf on anything ‘normal’ production.

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1155

Additionally, Melody mentioned that the Autumn Leaf color looks pretty bad on some sculpts, while others ‘wear’ it well. Since it doesn’t look good on some of the family it really isn’t a good choice for a production color even if it was easy to paint.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Additionally, Melody mentioned that the Autumn Leaf color looks pretty bad on some sculpts, while others ‘wear’ it well. Since it doesn’t look good on some of the family it really isn’t a good choice for a production color even if it was easy to paint.

NOOO!! Say it isn’t so ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ! I would at least hope Melody would make a run od OWs in that color. Honestly, he’s the only one I would get in that color. But I could definetly understand how some sculpts might look bad in that scheme. I love the Rainbow color on all of the dragons EXCEPT the Male. I love that sculpt, but for some reason I don’t like how he wears it. The opposite is for the Gold dragons. I ONLY like the Sitting Spectral in that color – and the rest don’t really interest me at all.
        I can always hope for a run of limited production dragons in that color – someday when things are back on track for Windstone ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Melody
        Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

purpleturtle wrote:

I love that color (Autumn Leaf) to. I really hope its not going to be just a limited production color, but a regular production for all the dragons squeek* .

Additionally, Melody mentioned that the Autumn Leaf color looks pretty bad on some sculpts, while others ‘wear’ it well. Since it doesn’t look good on some of the family it really isn’t a good choice for a production color even if it was easy to paint.Yeah that is the biggest issue I have with the color. You guys think it is so pretty on the old warrior, but I have a female dragon that I painted in AL, the same colors as that ooak old warrior I did that sold on Ebay. She looked… terrible. I could post a pic of her, I have her in my office here. She is the hardest sculpt to make look good in a color. AL may be a Warriors only color!

Purplecat
          Participant

I wouldnt mind seeing it on only the old warriors as limited production…..it’d give alot of us squeakers the autumn leaf piece we’ve been wanting, and I dont know about everyone else…but I’d definately be happy with that! I couldnt really expect the more complex color schemes to look good on every sculpt…even with the production colors..some sculpts just appeal better in certain colors. For example…I think silver flatters the Lap dragon..but I hated it on the hatchers. The mother dragon is flattered by the em-pea color..but I think she looks strange in the black gold to me. Of course, alot of that will be contributed to individual taste, but heck…I want an autumn leaf dragon SOOOoo bad, and the warrior does wear it well.

Oh pleeease please pleeease do autumn leaf old warrior LPs! He’s sooooo handsome in that color!

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

purplecat wrote:

I wouldnt mind seeing it on only the old warriors as limited production…..it’d give alot of us squeakers the autumn leaf piece we’ve been wanting, and I dont know about everyone else…but I’d definately be happy with that! …I want an autumn leaf dragon SOOOoo bad, and the warrior does wear it well.

Oh pleeease please pleeease do autumn leaf old warrior LPs! He’s sooooo handsome in that color!

Here, here PC ๐Ÿ˜€ ! I totally agree with you! I just hope if they are ever limited production I don’t miss them when they hit the store ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . The Autumn Leaf OW is my absolute dream piece. Here’s to hoping to the persuasive powers of the squeek* . ๐Ÿ˜†

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Melody wrote:

kitsunelady wrote:

The only painter? D: You guys lost all your painters in the move, too?

Yup!

* raises hand *

Well I’m not doing anything of major importance here in MA! I’ll gladly quit my job and come work for you and paint Windstones 24 hours a day with no sleep! Grueling hours! I don’t mind! I’m a workhorse I swear!

My family can write me! Their fingers work just fine!

* I’m coming on a little strong aren’t I? * ๐Ÿ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Melody wrote:

* raises hand *

Well I’m not doing anything of major importance here in MA! I’ll gladly quit my job and come work for you and paint Windstones 24 hours a day with no sleep! Grueling hours! I don’t mind! I’m a workhorse I swear!

We can paint together, yay! That way you wont have to pay shipping for all the everglade of anything I paint, lol! kid kid

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Nuke wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Melody wrote:

* raises hand *

We can paint together, yay! That way you wont have to pay shipping for all the everglade of anything I paint, lol! kid kid

HURRAY!!!! Let’s do it!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.