fbpx

Classified Ads issues

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Classified Ads issues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

So I am attempting to create a Classified Ad, and it is telling me that I need to verify my email address, but it never sends me anything to verify! What am I supposed to do in order to create this ad? :/

Edit: It also told me that it saved my ad, and that I was the only one that would be able to see it until it was approved.. but it’s gone now? I looked in my account section and it says I have 0 ads in any of the categories.. super frustrating!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Aggie83
      Participant

I was going to ask the same question, how long is reasonable to wait for the verification email before I should presume it isn’t coming and what do I do then? Thanks.

Aggie83
        Participant

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/jjo8ye.jpg[/IMG]

Hannah
          Participant

Anyone having any issues with this, or am I the only one?
            I’d love to be able to use the classifieds again, but it’s simply not letting me…

Hannah
            Participant

And after attempting to submit again several times.. it now goes through. I think. ><!!!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Did it work out okay? I know Clay was working with the ads yesterday (the 22nd) according to this thread: http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/new-website-concerns/page/11/

Re: Emails… you should get them pretty promptly. If not, let us know directly. Some email servers seem to be blocking mail from Windstoneeditions.com (AOL is a known one).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Natasha
                Participant

I’m still having the error message that it’s being “flagged for spam.” It won’t take the PhotoBucket HTML Code I’ve been using forever and all the iamges I try to upload it kicks for sizing issues. I’m sure it’s responding to the HTML because the ad went through OK when I made it with no uploaded or HTML pics.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Natasha
                  Participant

I’ve sent this to Clay by PM but I figured I’d update here too. Here is the ad in question:

http://windstoneeditions.com/members/Natashavonlemke/listings/edit/689/three-gb-fantasy-colts-two-fantasy-gb-young-poads-for-trade-for-gb-baby-unis-now-with-pics/

It will let me use HTML to put up pics, but no more than Three pics. When I put in the fourth (or more) code for images, it says my ad is flagged as Spam. I still have plenty of characters available, but more HTML than the first three and it won’t let me make or edit the ad.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    Gothic - Mahogany

MandBsMom
                    Participant

I tried doing one and I never got an email to verify either. 🙁

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Is there a reason why you are not uploading your photos instead of trying to insert them via HTML?
                        If there is a reason you can’t upload your photos, can you try to post just the images, without the photobucket code? All of that html code can look like spam to our improved anti-spam site, it seems. All of the extra stuff that photobucket adds to their code is a bit messy. Direct links look like < img src="http://www.yourphotourl/yourphoto.jpg" >

So on Photobucket, click the area that says “email and IM”… this is a direct link to your photo.

E.g.: http://s280.photobucket.com/user/natashavonlemke/media/1155F4C1-84E5-43D2-B227-582DD231895D_zpsdtt5gh98.png

Though I will note that Photobucket says you’ve deleted the photo… so it won’t work anyhow!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Natasha
                        Participant

The reason I don’t upload is that it is always a long process of resizing photos, and usually my photos are too high quality to be able to be uploaded so that’s another step. It just takes a long time when posting the PhotoBucket HTML code is super easy and stress-free. Thanks for the plain image code suggestion – I can try that in the future.

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          Gothic - Mahogany

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Four weeks later, and I am having this exact same pair of issues!

I just spend 45 minutes putting an ad together, was told I needed to verify my email address before others could view it, went to do so… and now my ad is completely gone.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Kim
                            Blocked

I had an ad disappear too but it reappeared a couple days later. I posted about it in this thread and Clay responded in the last post about the email verification issue. http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/new-website-concerns/page/13/

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.