fbpx

Classified ad issues ???

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Classified ad issues ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yolanda
    Participant

Is anyone else having issues with the for sale portion showing up entirely ? i get only 2 pages and with 105 ads im sure there should be 1 or 2 more pages but they are not showing up. In fact when i count i only get 26 or 27 of them showing. Wasnt sure where to post this either. Also, i need to mention this has been going on all weekend too.

dragonshoard
      Participant

It seems the software is not removing expired ads from the ad count. It is, however, only showing the current ads in the ad list. It is also not deleting expired ads after the 10 (or 30) day limit, so the ad count goes up because nothing is deleted unless you do it manually. Apparently it is also not sending out the usual (or what had been usual) half-life, pre-expiration and pre-deletion emails. (kinda makes sense if they system isn’t going to delete them.) You can see this if you search for ads by a specific person. You shouldn’t be able to see the expired ads in anyone else’s ad list except your own, but I can see them for several of the sellers.

The last time it had problems like this, if the ad count said there were 57 for sale ads total, but say only 38 of them were actually active, there would still be 3 pages of ads, but all of the entries after the first 38 were blank.

Susie
        Keymaster

Pam usually keeps an eye on these – she’s had the flu. I’ll let her know to take a look at them.

yolanda
          Participant

I see okay thank you. I thought i was missing something…lol. Good to know i am not.

dragonshoard
            Participant

I see that the classified problem has been fixed. I hope no one lost an “over” expired ad (past the 10-day/30-day limit) that they had been planning to send around again and hadn’t because the notification emails hadn’t been going out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.