fbpx

CIVIL WAR!!!! (Football)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody CIVIL WAR!!!! (Football)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Participant

Melody,

How will you be celebrating Civil War in Corvallis this year? Will you be going to the game? Note of caution: campus is crowded beyond compare since ESPN is here.

(For everyone who doesn’t know, the Civil War game is when Oregon State University (Corvallis) plays against the University of Oregon (Eugene). It’s a big thing for us Oregonians – or can be, depending.) http://mu.oregonstate.edu/mupc/civil-war-eugene

Melody
        Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody,

How will you be celebrating Civil War in Corvallis this year? Will you be going to the game? Note of caution: campus is crowded beyond compare since ESPN is here.

(For everyone who doesn’t know, the Civil War game is when Oregon State University (Corvallis) plays against the University of Oregon (Eugene). It’s a big thing for us Oregonians – or can be, depending.) http://mu.oregonstate.edu/mupc/civil-war-eugene

ESPN?!? oh gad…the fire dept is going to be on overtime today trying to keep the fire lanes clear!
          I celebrate by being glad I am not in the middle of the craziness that happens when Oregon plays with itself. However we are on the edges of the craziness.
          We cower in anticipation of being A.) stuck, because of the impenetrable traffic jam on Western. We live right up West Hills road. Reiser stadium, where the big event will take place is between us and everywhere else on the map, (‘cept Philomath, but I’m not sure that’s on the map).
          and B.) Having the entire population of Corvallis despondent later tonight because The Ducks have waddled all over us once again.

Notice I DID say “us”. I am slowly adjusting to Corvallis-think.
          How do you celebrate?? Are you going to the game?

Participant

LOL! Oh no, you couldn’t pay me to be in Corvallis today. It’s cold, lots of crowds, but I can see the game just fine in my livingroom. Yes, I know it will take some time to completely orient yourselves as Corvallis-ians. (One step at a time.) πŸ˜€

Tyrrlin
            Participant

Melody wrote:

…the craziness that happens when Oregon plays with itself.

Okay… I just got the WEIRDEST mental image from that phrase. 😳 😈 I think it’s time for me to go to bed now. πŸ˜†

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

twindragonsmum
              Participant

*SNERK!* πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† *tucks Tyrrlin up and gives a goodnight forehead kiss… * Sweet dreams!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Pegasi1978
                Participant

So who are you rooting for in the National Championships?

Duck, it’s what’s for dinner!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.