fbpx

Christmas card Gallery

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Christmas card Gallery

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

thank you!

Landipan
      Participant

Oh, I forgot, one thing I wanted to point out is that an extra special feature of Melody’s xmas cards is that on the inside of the cards(at least since I’ve been getting them the last three years) there is usually an uber cute little extra critter or two!

This one is my favorite, as I love Kirins so much, also I would not be opposed if Melody ever decided to do a pebble Kirin in this pose, imagine how cute!! <3

This one is from last year’s card:

And of course, a poad!

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Zexious
        Participant

Oh my gosh, no <3!!!

Landipan, that little Kirin is just the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. The little touches are really wonderful!

StormDancer
          Participant

Landipan, I would also love it if Melody would do a pebble Laying Kirin like the one in the card. It would be adorable!

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Melody
            Keymaster

It is so convenient to be able to use a company like Zazzle or Cafe’press to make the cards, but its always a crap shoot if the cards turn out well or not!

Two of them printed badly:  The laundry kirin card – the kirins weren’t supposed to be green! The colors are way off, but by the time I got the cards sent to me I didn’t have time to get them redone.

And last year’s Flion cards were a real disaster! They were printed crooked, many had crumpled corners, they were scuffed up and full of lint. I don’t know how they managed to screw them up so badly in so many ways! Sheesh.

But with a ton of airbrush touch ups they turned out pretty nice. All that sparkle paint hid the mess. Zazzle gave me credit for the whole batch, at least they are good about that..

This year’s cards turned out beautiful.. the ones I’ve seen so far, at least.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Did you ever think about using VistaPtint or Shutterfly for your card printing? VistaPrint’s been good for me for business cards, totebags and mousepads.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                Keymaster

No I haven’t, but  I may try other printers if Zazzle continues screwing them up like they have!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Oh I can’t wait to add the new one to my collection <3

I had it out with Zazzle a few months ago. I’ll never use them for anything again.

I used to never have enough good things to say about them and I was a very good customer, but the past 2 years their customer service and their quality of product has tanked big time!  Really disappointing.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
                    Keymaster

I used Zazzle again this year because last year’s cards turned out very nice, but you never know what will happen. Fingers crossed!

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

I have another artist drone who uses Vista print for her business cards. They always turn out good.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ann Marie
                        Participant

These are all so lovely! And those thank you cards with the cats are too cute!

Magentas-Cat

etruscan
                          Participant

Melody has posted some more old Christmas cards on her Facebook page.
                            She says, “I have been going through sketch binders. Oy what a job! But I found some more old Christmas cards past. … I am guessing the year on these old Christmas cards, I sometimes did two designs in one year, so that adds to the confusion.”

These are from 1978 or 1979(?)

Pena_card_maybe-1978

Pena_card_maybe-1979

Pena_card_1985

Pena_card_2000

etruscan
                            Participant

Christmas card 2003:

Pena_card_2003

etruscan
                              Participant

From Melody’s Facebook page – a drawing that was cropped to make a Christmas card.
                                Melody says, “If you are on my Christmas card list you might recognize these kirins. I used a cropped image of these guys on a card about 12 (? ) years ago. They had bodies too.”

Pena_card_kirin-image

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.