fbpx

Chocolate and Cats

Home Forums Miscellany Community Chocolate and Cats

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

My JouJou was the original alley cat…he ate everything: tuna, chicken, donuts, french fries, fried eggs and anything else he saw you eating. We adopted him out of Newark Humane Society, so I always thought he had “survivor” in his genes. I don’t think he ever tried chocolate or pineapple, though. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† None of the cats I have now will touch people food, except for tuna if the spirit moves them.

frozendragon
      Participant

we used to have a toy poodle…she was a kind of hyper dog(most poodles are)…but one day we came home she was just super hyper….and wanted to go outside…and she just ran around and around the yard without seeing to get tired….

well…my dad went into his room and found that she had eaten half of a bag of M&M’s (one of the 1 lb bags)….apparently he had left them where she could get to them…

so we were going to take her to the vet…but no one could catch her to take her…

she was fine…but after that she started trying to get the chocolate all the time…

silly dog….

Elena
        Participant

glad your kitty is okay!!

Jodi
          Participant

Glad your kitty is okay too. I have a garbage can cat too. She likes bacon, turkey, french fries, pie crust, pizza crust, bread, cookies, and any other baked items. We usually give her a small taste, since she is old and needs a treat sometimes. She doesn’t get chocolate though, although that doesn’t stop her from wanting it.

She won’t eat kitty treats or canned cat food. When I offered it to her the first time, she put her ears back and ran out of the room so fast she left skidmarks. She’s always had these preferences though. She’s 13, and I’ve had her for 10 years.

Bob

Of my 4 #2, my oldest male, will not eat Tuna. He tries to cover it up like something he left in the litter box. Imagine that a cat that does not eat Tuna.
              He was an adpotion the Pet Smart and his foster mom gave him Salmon when one of her kittens got adopted out so I think his taste got to high for my budget

Katherine
              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Thanks all! Got Loki to the vet and they made him upchuck *YUUUURG!* He will be just fine, but is now avoiding me like the plague! You’d think Loki thought it was MY fault 😯 *silly kitty*

twindragonsmum

Awww….I am sure his grudge will go away! I am so happy he will be fine!

Purplecat
                Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† EEEEEeewww!!!! but I’m so glad he’ll be ok! When he’s not mad anymore, pet him once for me! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Will do! Thanks guys!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Maria
                    Participant

I’m glad he’s all right, twindragonsmum.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Barrdwing wrote:

Good that you acted so fast, twindragonsmum! Chocolate is very bad for cats as well as dogs, and bittersweet is a lot stronger than milk. Loki got a humongous amount, too. 😯 The dangers are seizure from the caffeine, and also there is a high risk of liver damage. I don’t know if cats are more or less sensitive to the liver effects than dogs. Usually they don’t have a sweet tooth! Keep a close watch on your kitty, and if he seems lethargic at all, or has a reduced appetite, or continues to vomit, call your vet right away. If you have to isolate him in order to tell how much he’s eating, that’s OK. I’m kind of worried about him. πŸ˜•

This is absolutely true… bittersweet contains a lot more cacao than milk chocolate does and that was a huge amount! So glad your kitty is okay now.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Glad your kitty is okay too. I have a garbage can cat too. She likes bacon, turkey, french fries, pie crust, pizza crust, bread, cookies, and any other baked items. We usually give her a small taste, since she is old and needs a treat sometimes. She doesn’t get chocolate though, although that doesn’t stop her from wanting it.

She won’t eat kitty treats or canned cat food. When I offered it to her the first time, she put her ears back and ran out of the room so fast she left skidmarks. She’s always had these preferences though. She’s 13, and I’ve had her for 10 years.

πŸ˜† at that….like you were trying to give her poison. Cats are so funny!

darjeb
                          Participant

I am glad Loki is all right. Give him a hug and kiss from Tristen and me.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.