fbpx

Cats!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Cats!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Maebnus
    Participant

WOW, Akeyla, that’s awesome. I totally admire that kind of fanatic obsession with a story like that. And that’ll be the coolest thing to tell any future kids you may have, especially after a wedding on stage. (“Mommy, why are we named after cats??” ๐Ÿ˜†)

Akeyla
      Participant

I thought you folks may want to see this, CATS the brits were in Germany this and last year, and I’ve had some chats and contacts with one of the actors (Barbara King, she rocks!) and two days ago she posted this link:
        http://www.rheinvideo.de/videos/9d88eUY/Cats-Musical-Pressevorfuehrung

many of the actors there come directly form the original NLT production (rest in peace) and seeing it was so… heavenly ๐Ÿ™‚
        I felt like I had come home.
        After the show Barbara gave us a quick backstage show and my boy, my best friend and I were standing there trying to behave like good fans and not grope any actors walking around or snatch some wigs…lolol.
        anyhow, watch the link ๐Ÿ™‚

i have worked on many stage performances in college, many were Andrew Lloyd Weber ..i just cant stand CATS :negative:

Akeyla
        Participant

Necron99 wrote:

i have worked on many stage performances in college, many were Andrew Lloyd Weber ..i just cant stand CATS :negative:

lol. I hated CATS when I was a kid because I saw it in an… sorry, … unprofessional performance.
          Cats has to be performed by good dancers with great voices (being able to do both aint that common) and it has to be organized by the people who know what its about.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvgv6pfC4w
          The costumes are just another thing. Even professional showings can have awful dresses.
          Now I’d say: go see London and you may change your mind… but London no longer exists and the video isnt half as good (I am not fond of the video… omg, this outa the mouth of a hardcore Cats fan… lol)

I love Phantom of the Opera, but I admit to never getting to see Cats…I would like to, just to see what about it has kept it a long running Broadway show. I would also love to see a Circ show, one of these days I will take a trip to Vegas to see one.

Kyrin

Maria
          Participant

I’ve watched Cats on DVD by now. Phantom of the Opera, too . But as time goes on, I can stand watching things on a screne less and less. I listen the music a lot, though.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.