fbpx

Can We Buy Dragon Boxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Can We Buy Dragon Boxes?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

SPark wrote:

Ah. That too!

Darn.

Maybe I will try and ask around for people who don’t want their boxes.

Perhaps a box flea market?

SPark
      Participant

Well, right now I’m broke, and trying to save up for a Secret Keeper, and I won’t be moving any time soon, so I’ll leave the buying of boxes for later.

How about just making your own box? Get some foam insulation put enough to fill 1/2 of the box, lay dragon on top when the foam is half set up to get your indent of the dragon, then fill another bag with the dragon in place, place new filled bag on top of dragon and then close box. Wait a little while then open to make sure foam inserts made hold dragon securely and has set up properly, then close up, put into another box and ship.

The insulation isn’t expensive and wouldn’t take alot, and would guarantee non shifting packing.

Just a suggestion. I’ve done this in the past, and it works very well.

Kyrin

Jodi
        Participant

There’s a place in Minnesota that makes boxes and sells them in bulk. I’m not sure if you need a tax id to buy from them though (they may just sell wholesale). They are http://www.uline.com. If you could find out what size boxes you need, you could get them from them. However, they sell in groups of 25 or so, so you’d have to get a lot of them in one size. They don’t have the inserts either. It’s an idea though.

Melody
          Keymaster

bluepony78 wrote:

After today’s experience(2 very damaged dragons arrived) I’m wondering, for future items that I ship out.

Does windstone sell “blank” boxes? Like, could I buy a mama dragon box? Just curious. I’m very paranoid now about shipping out anything.No , we don’t sell empty boxes.John is concerned that it might contribute to the “fake Windstone problem”. I think that is pretty far-fetched, but another problem with doing that is that we don’t have all the different kinds of boxes sitting around empty. We don’t have room. We assemble them in big batches as we need them.

Melody wrote:

bluepony78 wrote:

After today’s experience(2 very damaged dragons arrived) I’m wondering, for future items that I ship out.

Does windstone sell “blank” boxes? Like, could I buy a mama dragon box? Just curious. I’m very paranoid now about shipping out anything.No , we don’t sell empty boxes.John is concerned that it might contribute to the “fake Windstone problem”. I think that is pretty far-fetched, but another problem with doing that is that we don’t have all the different kinds of boxes sitting around empty. We don’t have room. We assemble them in big batches as we need them.

::hisses angrilly at bootleggers because i can:: well i can see where it MIGHT be concerning to sell empty boxes..people do stupid stuff all the time :/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.