fbpx

Camera Advice

Home Forums Miscellany Community Camera Advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Hi all. Just looking for some advice;
      As we all know, I have an awful camera that can’t take photos to save his life! I will be graduating college on the 9th… and my parents are going to buy me a new (digital) camera.

I know Nikons are the best of the best, but they are out of our price range (and my dad has one, but it is a film camera).
      I have three people telling me that Canon cameras are the best “They never make bad cameras” and their price is right.

So what cameras do you guys use? What do you find takes the best photos of Windstones (cause if it can photo ws good, it can photo everything good! lol)?

Thanks 🙂

Kujacker
      Participant

I have a Canon SLR, and a digital. My camcorder is also a Canon. Can you guess which I’ll recommend? 😆

I use the Canon PowerShot SD900 Elph to take pictures of the Windstones.

wolflodge100
        Participant

I have a cannon powershot A85. It is a few years old though. I like it because it is easy to use. 😀

dragonmedley
          Participant

Congratulations on the graduation!

We have a Panasonic (DMC-FZ4, it says), 12x optical zoom and Idon’tknowhowmuch digital zoom. I absolutely love it; it’s the only camera so far that’s allowed me to take good pictures. The other ones hate me. It’s what I use for taking pictures of my Windstones.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Starbreeze
            Participant

I use a Canon Powershot A40. Not that I claim to take good pictures. 😆

Stephanie
              Participant

I use a Kodak C433 Easy Share… its simple and user friendly. 🙂

I took these with my little camera… and its digital…

and of course a PYO that I did and sold.. 😉

Ooohhh congrats! *throws confetti*

(As for the camera question, I have no sound advice, but I was curious about what others would say)

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I’ve actually had a terrible experience with Canon. Most of their products are good, but I got a lemon and let me tell you their customer service was amongst the worst I’ve ever dealt with in trying to get a repair done (and I am a very patient and polite customer).

I’m not saying don’t go with Canon- just that I personally had a bad time with them.

I can’t recommend anything, as digital cameras have evolved so much since I bought mine that my knowledge is out of date.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon
                  Participant

I have an older Samsung digital camera…and I love it…just point and shoot don’t have to worry about shaking or anything…

and my new Digital is a Sony Cybershot….and it’s great…loads of settings and adjustments… face recognition and again point and shoot don’t have to worry about shaking…

the only complaint is the zoom isn’t enough…

I’ve never had a canon…I love the Samsung and Sony they last forever…even if you drop them (which I’m really good at doing)

BDW
                    Participant

There are two sites I really like for digital camera reviews.
                      They also show you photo examples that are great to compare one camera to the next.
                      Try it out!
                      😉

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html
                      http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

I forgot this one too:
                      http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/reviews/

I have a Canon. While it’s good, it lacks a night setting. Any low light and it’s no good.

I love my Moms Sony Cybershot. It’s a really nice camera, but, she bought the one with the rechargable battery. Good in theory, not practical! She travels, alot. Last year she went to Spain. She couldn’t use her camera……

But, we also use Sony Cybershot at work. (The kind without the rechargable battery) It really is a great little camera.

BDW
                      Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

I have a Canon. While it’s good, it lacks a night setting. Any low light and it’s no good.

I love my Moms Sony Cybershot. It’s a really nice camera, but, she bought the one with the rechargable battery. Good in theory, not practical! She travels, alot. Last year she went to Spain. She couldn’t use her camera……

But, we also use Sony Cybershot at work. (The kind without the rechargable battery) It really is a great little camera.
                        My Canon has the night setting, it depends on the model. 😉

frozendragon
                        Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

mine has the rechargeable battery…I can take several hundred pictures before it goes dead…and the good thing about them…is once they are charged they don’t lose the charge if they aren’t in the camera…so I’d have a spare…

the samsung died in the camera…in one day if you weren’t taking pictures…

Lokie
                          Participant

I can’t recommend my current camera because it’s a piece of crap, but I’ve used point and shoot Sony Cybershots (all with Carl Zeiss lenses), Canon Powershot (with Canon lense), and a Samsung DigiMax (with a Schneider lense) before with good results (or as good as I think I’ll get in an under $300 camera). They are all outdated, so I won’t even bother listing there model #s and I can’t vouch for their current models. The two cameras I absolutely hated was an HP (can’t remember it’s model name) and a Pentax Optio. And my Kodak EasyShare is just decent, not good.

So, lol, I’m no real help. Maybe if you see a member whose photos you like, you can ask them about their camera 🙂 Good luck and congrats on the graduation!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.