fbpx

Buckeye Raffle – We Have a winner! Congrats ghostndragon!!

Home Forums Administration Trade & Swap Buckeye Raffle – We Have a winner! Congrats ghostndragon!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Copper83
    Participant

Emailed you. ๐Ÿ™‚

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Dragon, will you have Kimi pick the winner?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I dunno how but…. it would be amusing! If not it’ll be my fiancee or brother… I can dress them up like Kimi would that work? XD

Pixie-dust
        Participant

I emailed ya too ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Me three! *snerk*

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

I got ya both! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m trying to plan how to get the cat to pick a winner… and then figure out how to film this endeavor! ๐Ÿ˜† She usually looks like my signature pic!

Kathleen
            Participant

I just emailed you. Then I realized your a fellow Edmontonian. Shipping would be cheap if I won. ๐Ÿ˜† I cant believe you want to part with him. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

wants wants wantswantswants ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Buckeye is one of the pieces I was drooling over. I always wanted to get a pegasus or unicorn painted to look like my horse Scout and there he is! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Well close enough anyway ๐Ÿ˜† This is so incredibly generous of you. Thanks for the chance ๐Ÿ™‚

JellyFish wrote:

I just emailed you. Then I realized your a fellow Edmontonian. Shipping would be cheap if I won. ๐Ÿ˜† I cant believe you want to part with him. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If you won, I’d probably just give him to you in person… cheaper then mailing for sure!

I have my reasons for parting with him, mostly, I’m not in love with him anymore. When asked what two pieces I’d save in a fire, he’s not one of them… so… I figured he should go to someone that will love him more then I do.

That and I want to enter future raffles… I think watching to see who wins (when you’re in the running) is so much more fun then actually winning. ๐Ÿ˜†

Dragon87 wrote:

I think watching to see who wins (when you’re in the running) is so much more fun then actually winning.

What we need is a raffle where instead of: “if you win you are ineligible to win future raffles”, the rule reads: “if you win you are ineligible to win THIS raffle”.

That way the prize would be won, in turn, by everyone who entered (with the winingest person being the first name pulled), then go back on the shelf. Then, everyone would be eligible to win the next raffle (which would need to be something different. No fair recycling the prizes).

I think this would be fun, and it would cut down on shipping expenses.

And, thinking about that, who, on winning a prize, doesn’t get that deep-down worry that the prize is going to arrive all smashed up by the shipping company? This kind of raffle is absolutely 100% guaranteed worry free!

CastleDave I’m kinda confused…

So a raffle prize would be raffled off multiple times, to each person that entered? So each person gets to keep it for a little bit, and then gets sent off to the next person?

What happens if people keep winning? Then it would never end.

And this way we get to see different pretties every month… ๐Ÿ˜€

Dragon87 wrote:

CastleDave I’m kinda confused…

That’s OK. It was supposed to be confusing.

The idea is that no-one actually gets anything at all. It’s a raffle to see who wins the raffle, who gets second place and so on.

If your name is pulled out of the hat, you win the raffle and are therefore ineligible to win the prize. So another name is is pulled, and so on. Eventually everyone who was in the raffle has won and been disqualified for winning.

The prize that was put up doesn’t get won, so whoever it belonged to gets to keep it or sell it. Then another prize is put up and everyone registers themselves for the new raffle. Ideally the raffles should be every month, for maximum coolness value.

This is how we can enjoy the anticipation of a drawing, and be congratulated on being the first winner, or commiserated with for being close to having been the first winner, or patted on the back for being the absolute last place winner and so on, without anything actually changing hands and with no-one feeling bad that they didn’t get the prize, or feeling bad that they wish the person who did get the prize hadn’t got it, because no-one got it and everyone knew no-one was going to get it.

Oooooooh….

But then the excitement factor goes away, doesn’t it? People know they’ll win eventually so it’s not as exciting to win…

I do agree with the safe shipping comment though…. ๐Ÿ˜† If you don’t ship it, then it can’t break during shipping!

Oh this sounds lovely! I don’t have any unicorns! ๐Ÿ˜€ I will email you for certain.

A very sweet thing you’re doing, how kind!

Whoever Harley is (that’s the name on the email) could you please contact me with your forum name? You don’t have to post on here (PM or email me)… but this is the 2nd time I’ve emailed. Thanks! I’ll remove this post when I get my info… ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.