fbpx

Brown dragon color touch ups

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Brown dragon color touch ups

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

SPark
      Participant

If you need to touch up a brown dragon, I found something interesting today. I sat down with every shade of brown paint I had, to find which ones were closest to the three shades of brown on them, so that I could start there and mix up what I needed. But I found that there were two colors I had on hand that actually matched almost perfectly right out of the bottle.

Now I’m pretty sure this is the newer brown, rather than the older. BUT looking at my other male dragon in what I think is the older brown, I think you could probably use these same colors and they’d be close enough without much adjusting.

Reaper Master series burnt orange is what I used for the lightest areas.

Reaper Master Series mahogany brown is what I used for the medium brown on the sides. And I blended the two a bit to get some of the medium areas.

The mahogany mixed about 50/50 with black is what I used for the darkest bits. And then I went over everything with a bit of Flesh shading ink, which is actually lots darker than shows there, and makes a good shading/antiquing color for anything in brown, orange, or other warm tones.

It’s a fair bit of expense to go through, so I don’t know if any of you will want to bother, but the end result is good. See if you can spot the repaired spots! (There are also two places where she’d had chips and/or broken off pieces, which I repaiared, both on front claws. One just the claw itself chipped, the other the whole toe broken off, and bits missing.)

Fixed up side
        Fixed up front
        Fixed up back

I’ve got them circled here, so you can see them all:
        Fixed up side marked
        Fixed up front marked
        Fixed up back marked

As I said, not a perfect match, but pretty darned close. (And can I say again how annoying it was to find that she’d been “touched up” with a greenish brown over most of these spots? Ugh. Not close at all. And yet just close enough that I didn’t notice them right away, so they were an unpleasant surprise.)

Skigod377
        Participant

Wow! Great job! I found all the ones in the second pic, but the rest were a surprise. I think a clear coat or something over the ones I spotted would help. The only reason I saw them was cuz they were duller than the rest. What a lovely job you did!!

Maria
          Participant

That must have been a lot of work, SPark, but she looks really good now. Almost as good as mint! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice job Spark!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

I couldn’t even see any problems at all until I saw the pictures with the circles

Very nice Spark.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

WOW! Great job! I guess it was worth the money afterall =D

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bob

drag0nfeathers wrote:

WOW! Great job! I guess it was worth the money afterall =D

HEY how are your kitty and Drag0n doing??

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

ICK! I’m still sick as a dog. I’ve had the worst flu of my life all week and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better, on a good note though my kitty is ALMOST back to normal. The vet assured me that the next time WILL be the last time, but for now he seems pretty much fine except he is always running away from us if we try and pick him up cause he thinks we are going to give him more medicine. He’s been sleeping alot more lately too, but that’s probably the meds knocking him out. Thankfully he was on 5 a day and now he’s down to just 2 different ones a day now so it’s less stressful for him. After next week it will only be one that gets put in his food so all the horrible medicine torture will be over for him. Thanks for asking though =) He’s sleeping in my bed right now actually. I’m thinking of napping out soon myself. Thank God for NyQuil and Sudafed! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

wolflodge100
                    Participant

thats great! Both my brown mother and male have chipped claws. I wish you were closer, I’d have you fix mine! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

I’m glad to hear your kitty is doing better. I hope you feel better soon. It seems that cold’s and flu’s are getting worse

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Yea, every year it seems. Blah!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.