fbpx

Broken Windstones and Smoke

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Broken Windstones and Smoke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joshmo4evr
    Participant

So… I won an auction several days ago. The shipment just got here today. However, one is completely shattered. And they all smell like smoke… to the point that they are starting to stink up my room. Sad isn’t it? I emailed the seller about the broken one and am still waiting on a reply.

In the mean time, does anyone know how to safely remove the smoke smell????

Joshmo4evr
      Participant

Bob

joshmo4evr wrote:

So… I won an auction several days ago. The shipment just got here today. However, one is completely shattered. And they all smell like smoke… to the point that they are starting to stink up my room. Sad isn’t it? I emailed the seller about the broken one and am still waiting on a reply.

In the mean time, does anyone know how to safely remove the smoke smell????
          Kyrin is the best for repairs and MIGHT have an idea for the smell. I think I remember someone talking about a softner sheet or something like that??

twindragonsmum
          Participant

I was just going to mention Kyrin…. as for removing smell; I think there was something about Febreeze? Check with Kyrin, she oughta know. Good Luck!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Skigod377
            Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Activated carbon/charcoal also works wonders. It actually absorbs the odor, rather than covering it up (which is what things like Fabreeze does) and it’s a lot more environmentally safe. πŸ™‚

You can get it at any pet store or any superstore that has a pet section. They sell it for fish tanks. Some places also sell it in the garden department.

I put the piece in a freezer bag and pour an amount of the carbon into a dixie cup and leave it for a few days, works very well.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Ski beat me to it! πŸ˜† I was just looking for the bit about charcoal.

Oh and for future auctions here’s the packing tutorial you can send to sellers.

http://bladespark.topcities.com/wpacking.html

Joshmo4evr
                Participant

Activated carbon huh? Interesting. Thanks Ski.

Here’s a picture of the broken one πŸ™ Try not to scream too loudly.

Might have to talk to Kyrin after all…

This is just the way my week has been going.

Skigod377
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Ski beat me to it! πŸ˜† I was just looking for the bit about charcoal.

Im fast as fast can beeee!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

joshmo4evr wrote:

Here’s a picture of the broken one πŸ™ Try not to scream too loudly.

Might have to talk to Kyrin after all…
                      Aiii! 😯 Owie! *hides eyes*

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Joshmo, sorry about that Pegasus. Kyrin can fix him, I’m sure. Good luck getting the smell out!

Joshmo4evr
                        Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Joshmo, sorry about that Pegasus. Kyrin can fix him, I’m sure. Good luck getting the smell out!

I’ve seen the stuff she’s done.. she’s good. But it all depends on whether or not I get money for him through the insurance. If not, i have a feeling I won’t be able to afford her πŸ™‚

Joshmo4evr
                          Participant

Boo.. the seller claims they don’t smoke. And is very disbelieving about the way they arrived (because she double boxed them). However, she put all of them (a grand unicorn, male peg, mother peg, and baby peg) in one box. Each wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap. The the one box was placed in a bigger box surrounded by newspaper and more bubble wrap.

I think she misunderstood the “double box” method.

She’s also not very happy with me… and I’m trying to be understanding. Hopefully she can be too.

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Send her the photo of the male pegasus that’s for sure. πŸ˜• One layer of bubble wrap is not enough to cushion that many pieces. Good luck working things out.

Joshmo4evr
                              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Send her the photo of the male pegasus that’s for sure. πŸ˜• One layer of bubble wrap is not enough to cushion that many pieces. Good luck working things out.

I meant to send a photo as well, I just forgot. I’ll send it when she replies back.

joshmo4evr wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I meant to send a photo as well, I just forgot. I’ll send it when she replies back.

Yeah, pictures say it all, and with pieces like that, each one should have its own box, then those boxes get put in one, and then that box get double boxed.

She can’t disbelieve you when she sees the result.

Also, tell her you only want a partial refund, just enough to pay to have the pegasus repaired, if you aren’t demanding the whole thing back, she may just work with you.

If you need me to, I can work up a rough estimate on a letterhead for you to show her, I’ll have to guess at shipping, but I’m thinking it would be $15 each way, so $30 in shipping, plus repair fees.

Let me know if you would like that, and I can get that for you…it should also help with insurance, they just might be willing to give you the repair charges, but without the estimate they might give you the money for the peg, but demand him in return, and I hate it when they do that. Throwing it away is just not right…he’s savable.

Let me know what happens and if you need an estimate.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.