fbpx

Breyer Ponies of Chincoteague info?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Breyer Ponies of Chincoteague info?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Does anyone here know much about these Breyers?They are from one of my favorite books as a child and I got them from Ebay.Curious to know a bit about more them.In their own boxes:Misty#20 dated 1979,Stormy#19 dated 1978,Sea Star#16 dated 1978 and Phantom Wings#29 dated 1982.They are in excellent condition and wondering their value and any other info you can give me.Thank you in advance.
      Photobucket

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Any of you Breyer collectors know anything about these old ones?Thay aren’t rare are they?

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Im not an expert,but there must be multiple releases of Stormy and Misty because I had a Misty as as kid (15 or so years ago. That shows my age 😛 ). My cousin did too, and I sold her horses for her last year and got $20 for Misty AND her foal Stormy as a set, but neither one had the boxes. I dont think they are rare, sought after or hard to find just in of themselves. The other two I have never heard of (outside the book) and they may be worth more-the boxes definatly up their value!

Bodine
          Participant

Thanks a bunch.I too remember the books.I have been looking about a good part of the day to get info on these and I can’t seem to find much.I will get the books again to go with the ponies and pass them down to a grandchild.The value isn’t all that important to me,more hoping I didn’t get screwed buying them.There are a few Misty and Stormys about but I can’t seem to find much on Phantom Wings,It is good to know that the ponies are still thriving.Do you know how many foals Misty actually had?I found two different answers.One says five,Wiki-pedia says three.Just curious.
            I have one other Breyer coming.It is Realto,Arabian,one of the old ones.I am leaning towards getting one of the brand new ones to go with him.Anyone have one for sale they would part with fairly reasonably?

Stephanie
            Participant

I got my Misty and Stormy 2 years ago brand new…so I am sure that they are still producing them. But since you have the boxes… and I have mine which look nothing like yours… ya never know. BUT I believe that Ebay has killed the value of collectibles. but hey, that’s just me.

Bodine
              Participant

Ebay is where I found them.I am getting the books to go with the ponies as a set and hand them down.The ones I am getting[not here yet]were said to have been had for some time and are supposed to be in great shape.I want to hand them down to a grandchild along with the books and true story that goes with them.It is good to make the young ones aware of all sorts of knowledge when they are young to spark interest.Never know what make “click” for them. Conservation of life is very important to us and I want to instill that in my grandchildren also.The “Cloud Foundation” is another worthy cause to bring to their attention too.Some things shouldn’t be lost.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.