fbpx

Boxes and Tags

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Boxes and Tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hey!
    Newbie question ๐Ÿ˜†

What is the “value” of the boxes and tags that these come with? The ones I was looking into for my private collection I never really thought about the boxes that much. But, with model horses, I don’t care about boxes much either. However, i recently came across one dragon I very much like, however, the original one I found was $98, without a box or tag. I have since contacted the seller, who only has the same one WITH a box and tag for $120.

Now, I personally only have the private collection for personal amusement, however, as my daughter will inherit these someday, I’d like to know for collectable reasons, how much difference does the box and tag make?

Thanks so much!
    Jessie

Skigod377
    Participant

bluepony78 wrote:

Hey!
      Newbie question ๐Ÿ˜†

What is the “value” of the boxes and tags that these come with? The ones I was looking into for my private collection I never really thought about the boxes that much. But, with model horses, I don’t care about boxes much either. However, i recently came across one dragon I very much like, however, the original one I found was $98, without a box or tag. I have since contacted the seller, who only has the same one WITH a box and tag for $120.

Now, I personally only have the private collection for personal amusement, however, as my daughter will inherit these someday, I’d like to know for collectable reasons, how much difference does the box and tag make?

Thanks so much!
      JessieDepends on the individual, but I will pay up to $40 more for a box and tag. It just makes me feel like the peice was valued and taken care of by a serious collector. It does add value to the piece, and makes shipping safer.

I think it depends on the collector. I know with other things (gutairs with original cases, dolls or toys with original box) is worth more.

I like to keep the original box and the tag on the Windstone because I think it worth more. For one.. if you were going to ship a Windstone somewhere, it is less likely to break if you have the orginal box.

I always keep all my original boxes, leafletts tags and documents that comes with dragons and so on ๐Ÿ˜€ Ide also prefer to buy them that way ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok, I guess here’s my next question. I see that boxes and tags mean a lot. Are the boxes actually different per piece? Do they have a sticker or something on them that says they belong to said dragon?

Well most of my boxes have the name of the Dragon on and they also have the LTD Ed number on the boxes that goes with the dragon but they arn’t for Windstone.

Skigod377
      Participant

bluepony78 wrote:

Ok, I guess here’s my next question. I see that boxes and tags mean a lot. Are the boxes actually different per piece? Do they have a sticker or something on them that says they belong to said dragon?

Yes… at least the ones I have seen do though probably not all of them. I wont be picky about that. So long as its for that particular pose.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

There might be stickers on the boxes saying which Windstone they go to. On the larger ones they have custom cut inserts to cradle the piece making them extra safe. The little ones like the hatching pegasus just come with a thick plastic bag (and maybe some butcher-type paper) to put the piece in.

Ahh, I can see why on the bigger ones you would defiantly want the box then! I have had other items with inserts, and those are invaluable when you move or ship stuff. ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks guys!!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

bluepony78 wrote:

Boxes are labeled in some way from the factory (all though I am not sure about the earlier pieces- there may be boxes for these that do not have labels) i.e. “Ruby Scratching Dragon” or “Peacock Mother Dragon”. Most importantly though is that boxes for the larger items have custom formed cardboard (or styrofoam for some of the older ones) that fits and cradles that piece specifically; only the shape it was created for will fit. This can add a lot of value because this is the safest way to transport the Windstone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Participant

My 2 cents worth. Like other collectors I prefer to have boxes and tags. Tags are not a must have with me, but like Ski said, it gives an indication to how well the item was taken care of.

Now, for boxes. I have about 50 boxes in my closet, so for storage reasons I don’t really like them, but I can’t bring myself to throw any away. Also, if you do ever want to part with boxes, there maybe some collectors here who may want them. If you move around every couple of years, I think boxes are necessary. They are easy to secure the Winstones and you don’t have to worry about bubble wrap and stuff.

On the flip side, I have gotten a couple of Windstones from Ebay without original box, but when they are shipped with plenty of bubble wrap and double boxed, they turn out fine. I usually keep the inner boxes like this because they work well as storage boxes later.

It’s really up to the collector. A few dollars more for a box and tag I have found is usally worth it. Sorry to be so long winded, but these are my thoughts. I hope it helps.

Bob

I still have EVERY one on my boxes from my Windstones and would NEVER part with them. I was shocked the SK has the expansion foam in her box not the cardboard inserts like the others

Jodi
                Participant

With her weight, she probably would just squish the rest of the cardboard pieces anyway. That makes sense to me. The Rock Dragons come with the foam too.

Bob

the problem is the box was starting to come apart by the time I got her home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.