fbpx

Black Opal ALMOST finnished

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Black Opal ALMOST finnished

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Looking good. πŸ˜€ I’ll be watching him.

thank you. πŸ˜€

not like this is ever going to be mine.
      i have just been obsessed with opals lately.

though, i really like that you are showing us the progression. and the texture of the colors is inspiring.

Ooh, I was going to do one with that theme! Black opals are my favorite stones, they’re so very pretty… I should post a pic of my dragon opal necklace sometime.

Are you planning on painting a white opal as well? This one’s looking absolutely gorgeous.

KoishiiKitty
      Participant

yesyes, I do plan to do a white Opal too.

the lighting went down so I was not able to take good photos for the rest of the night.
        so here is what it looks like now, more work to come.

Maria
        Participant

That is so pretty. I can imagine a real dragon in those colors.

Oh, it looks nice.

Starbreeze
          Participant

I’m still loving it!!! πŸ˜€

pipsxlch
            Participant

I really like how the horns and claws are colored like the dragon, not gold (or silver). He’s beautiful.

KoishiiKitty
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That is so pretty. I can imagine a real dragon in those colors.

yesyes, that is actually what i am trying for. Making these colors looks as if they could natural go on a dragon.

OK, so the painting is finnished, it has been sprayed, felt is on…. but it is not finnished yet. I want to put a real opal in it’s for head an in the curl of it’s tail. So I am waiting to for them to come in so i can see if they will fit.

wolflodge100
                Participant

wow! beautiful!! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Oh!!! He is sooooo awesome!!!! 😯

I like how different it looks from each angle, just like a real opal, very cool.

I’m jealous…I want your talent!

Kyrin

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I like how different it looks from each angle, just like a real opal, very cool.

Kyrin

I put interference on the scales so that they would slightly change depending on lighting and vantage point. His blue scales have green over some, pruple on others, and gold on a few. his wings have red interference, and the gold/copper scales down the back have purple over them. honestly my cammera just can’t seem to get all the colors. πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Kyrin

I put interference on the scales so that they would slightly change depending on lighting and vantage point. His blue scales have green over some, pruple on others, and gold on a few. his wings have red interference, and the gold/copper scales down the back have purple over them. honestly my cammera just can’t seem to get all the colors. πŸ™‚

I GOTTA GET ME SOME INTERFERENCE PAINTS…oops..darn caps key…but I still gotta get some interference paints..yep..I do!

Kyrin

I want it, I want it.

Are you gonna ebay it? I can’t wait to see the other ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.