fbpx

Black Golds

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Golds

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

is it that many of them don’t have their entire bellies painted? 😮 I thought for the fledge it was normal, I didn’t even notice my scratcher’s belly wasn’t all the way 😮

Brian
    Participant

I was wondering about the finish also. I turned down a lap dragon because it had a dull finish. I thought about an emperor but I would have to see it in person first to make sure it is glossy.

I got a BG OW Prototype and he has more of a matte finish on the black. Does anyone know if Melody painted all the BG OW’s with matte finish or some matte and some glossy? I have #21/24.

Melody
      Keymaster

Kujacker wrote:

Hello Melody!

I was just wondering about your Black Golds. Why is it some parts of them aren’t painted? The Scratchers underside is not painted the same as his neck (purple/gold) and the young dragon’s one underside also isn’t painted the purple/gold, just left black.
        Is there any reason these dragons are painted differently?

Thanks 😀I think they are supposed to have black stomachs.. but I don’t remember . I need to check the paint sample.

DROGO wrote:

I got a BG OW Prototype and he has more of a matte finish on the black. Does anyone know if Melody painted all the BG OW’s with matte finish or some matte and some glossy? I have #21/24.

I think they are all matte. Mine is.

my ruby fledgie only has a tiny bit of black under his chin, but his belly is seriously maroon.

Melody
        Keymaster

vapordragon wrote:

I was wondering about the finish also. I turned down a lap dragon because it had a dull finish. I thought about an emperor but I would have to see it in person first to make sure it is glossy.

They are supposed to have a less glossy finish. Black looks terrible to me if it is glossy.

Kujacker
          Participant

My Lap’s head is just really shiny/glossy… but the body is matte. But my Scratcher is all glossy.

Purplecat
            Participant

My lap is totally glossy and my fledgie is very matte, I love both dearly. My male black gold is kinda in between and I have to say my only problem with the color is the black bellies on some sculpts more than others, my male has coloring which goes all the way down and I thought the emperor had an all red-gold belly/chest area…

Melody
              Keymaster

Kujacker wrote:

My Lap’s head is just really shiny/glossy… but the body is matte. But my Scratcher is all glossy.

Getting a perfect matte finish is very difficult because the amount of clear coat makes a difference in the gloss. I wanted a satin finish, which is even trickier! So, they may range from slightly glossy to totally matte, depending on the exact amount of clear on them. We have trouble controlling it perfectly!

Melody
                Keymaster

I just checked my Black Gold Scratcher sample, and he has a black stomach too. He has a semi-matte finish.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.