fbpx

Black Gold Dragon Eye Color

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Black Gold Dragon Eye Color

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I love the blue but I would really like to see a lavender eye BG

Jodi
    Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Well, we’re not voting for one or the other…we’re looking for one plus another. 😛 😆

Ah, I see. Like the Lavender Wolf Griffins. 😀

lamortefille
      Participant

Right! Limited Production or something…maybe even Special Order. The paint job would be the same, just different color eyes.

lamortefille
        Participant

bump!

Melody
          Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

Speaking of eye color Melody, have you seen this picture? What do you think about an alternate eye color for the black gold dragons? Maybe LE, LP or special order?

pegasi1978 wrote:

Viola! I used the fledgling dragon because it was the only one I could find multiple dragons of in almost the exact same positioning for different existing dragon eye colors – red and straw yellow. I’m not a fan of the red, but I could totally dig me some yellow eyed Black Gold dragons. And now that I’ve added lavender I could dig those as well!

(I know some people just love the blue eyes and I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I’m not trying to stop production of BG with blue eyes, either.) The only reason I gave the black golds blue eyes is that the prototype warriors had them. I had the choice of blue or red, since were already glued into the finished prototypes. Blue really shows up against the black. The red didn’t. I am using a red eye for the Black Sunset griffins, but we made the red a little brighter – more orangish.
            It would be possible to change the eye color on some special ones.. however we got so much special stuff to do now, I’m getting overwhelmed. Maybe in the future.

Arlla
            Participant

Wow, did the BG OWs kick off the BG line??? For some reason, I though they came later… 0_0

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Maria
              Participant

Good question, Arlla.

frozendragon
                Participant

Arlla wrote:

Wow, did the BG OWs kick off the BG line??? For some reason, I though they came later… 0_0

BG OW….was auctioned off on ebay before the regular production BG pieces came out….

Maria
                  Participant

Hm. Now that same thing should happen with copper mauve and autumn leaf.

Jodi
                    Participant

That’s why there isn’t a regular production BG OW.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

The prototype OWs were first. That is what started the color. It got such a good response that we did it as a regular color. I wanted the others to match the OWs so they all got blue eyes.

Laurie
                        Participant

So when are you going to make the ow in black gold a regular production item? /hint squeek

lamortefille
                          Participant

Melody wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Speaking of eye color Melody, have you seen this picture? What do you think about an alternate eye color for the black gold dragons? Maybe LE, LP or special order?

pegasi1978 wrote:

Viola! I used the fledgling dragon because it was the only one I could find multiple dragons of in almost the exact same positioning for different existing dragon eye colors – red and straw yellow. I’m not a fan of the red, but I could totally dig me some yellow eyed Black Gold dragons. And now that I’ve added lavender I could dig those as well!

(I know some people just love the blue eyes and I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I’m not trying to stop production of BG with blue eyes, either.) The only reason I gave the black golds blue eyes is that the prototype warriors had them. I had the choice of blue or red, since were already glued into the finished prototypes. Blue really shows up against the black. The red didn’t. I am using a red eye for the Black Sunset griffins, but we made the red a little brighter – more orangish.
                            It would be possible to change the eye color on some special ones.. however we got so much special stuff to do now, I’m getting overwhelmed. Maybe in the future.

Sometime in the future would be fine. 😉 We don’t mean to overwhelm you, sorry. 🙁 We do appreciate all of the special pieces you make for us!

Maria
                            Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

So when are you going to make the ow in black gold a regular production item? /hint squeek

Or something similar…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.