fbpx

Bisbee's Journey – An Autobiography

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Bisbee's Journey – An Autobiography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

I purchased a grab bag baby from the latest batch, and I loved him the moment I opened the box. His copper and teal spots reminded me of Bisbee – a town in southern Arizona that has special meaning to me – so I named him thusly.

I noticed he had no paint on his chin though, so I emailed Susie and she was incredibly sweet about it. They sent me a label to send Bisbee back for touch-ups.

I made him a pillow and a little journal for his trip, and sent him off! What I got back was more than I could have imagined, and really shows how much Windstone cares about their customers and their little ambassadors out in the world. So here’s Bisbee’s story, told in his own words! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dear Journal,
      I got eyes today! A real nice lady put them in just right. I finally got to see my brothers and sisters. What colors! Some have spots and some even have stripes! My neighbors are both pink, and one has markings like a butterfly. So pretty! I have the prettiest copper hooves, and my tail is green! I AM AWESOME! I have spots that look like blue and teal rain. Like I stood outside in a paint rainstorm. And I sparkle! I hope my new friend likes me! -Bisbee

Dear Journal,
      So many people wanted to take us home poor Susie had trouble putting us in the store! I’m sold though, and off to Arizona! Theo told me to look out for cactus. What does that mean? -Bisbee

Dear Journal,
      I’m here, I’m here! My new friend is named Stephanie and she was so happy to see me! She didn’t think she’d be able to adopt one of us, so she is so happy that she could and that she got me. She said my name fits me perfectly, and reminds her of all the summers she spent around Bisbee. She loves my copper and turquoise especially, and my spots! (But she said she loves the striped ones too, because every one of us is special.) I love my new uni family! -Bisbee
      P.S. There are a lot of hatchers here!

Dear Journal,
      I get to go back to Windstone and visit my friends! I guess I’m missing some paint, so Stephanie is sending me back to get fixed. She made me a pillow and told me to be good for all the folks at Windstone. I promised I would. I’m so excited for this trip and to see everyone again! I will hold real still when Melody paints my chin. I just hope I don’t giggle and mess her up. (It tickles!) -Bisbee
      P.S. I will try to write while I’m on my trip!

(The rest was written at Windstone!)

Dear Journal,
      I am back at Windstone, my birthplace. It smells like I remember, of plaster and coffee (John must have just got back from the Beanery). Melody is taking me right to the grooming parlor – I will look for my friends later. – Bisbee

Dear Journal,
      I look very handsome now! Melody said my chin was naturally black, but since I was here she prettied it up for me. I sat very very still for a very very long time. Now I am going to look for my friends! – Bisbee

Dear Journal,
      None of my baby unicorn friends are here! Except a few that are sealed into their carrier boxes and I cannot get them out. So I made new friends! -Bisbee
      (These guys are big and tough looking – but they know how to go outside.)

Dear Journal,
      Wow, I’m not sure what happened. Me and the big unicorns went outside and nibbled flowers and mushrooms – it was nice to stretch my legs. Then I got tired so I went back inside and lay on my pillow. (I’m so glad Stephanie made me a pillow.) I didn’t feel very good and there were pink dragons everywhere – pink dragons on the ceiling, pink dragons on the floor…they chanted something about ebay, must be a game they play. When I woke up there was a bee on my butt! I am sure it was not there before! I don’t know where it came from. And it does not fly away. I like it. A bee for Bisbee. I go home again soon! Can’t wait to show my bee to Stephanie! And I got my picture taken! – Bisbee

Thank you Windstone! I am so floored by all the creativity and care and fun that went into Bisbee’s little trip. Thank you!

-Stephanie and Bisbee

littleironhorse
      Participant

What a great journey! Thanks for sharing it with us. ๐Ÿ™‚

That was so sweet of the artist at Windstone. Enjoy your little GBB!

etruscan
        Participant

Very cute and clever! Thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.