fbpx

Between That Rock and….

Home Forums Miscellany Community Between That Rock and….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

LadyFirebird
      Participant

The good old hard place. Well I come back to work after a little vacation and when I walk into my boss’s office he immediately goes off on my coworker. He isn’t happy with her at all–in fact, he is thinking about letting her go. Personally, I see his point–she does spend a lot of time on her personal stuff at work and when I first came to work there, she was systemically dumping a lot of her work on me because she claimed that she had so much to do.

Well last year she had a stroke and a lot of unpleasant things came to light–mostly how little she did and how much I did. The boss then gave me a nice raise but has had to cut our hours due to the economic slowdown. It’s not getting pleasant because my coworker got real mad at the boss last week–guess he was making her work. I’m a bit torn–I don’t wish anyone or would like to see anyone suffer financial hardship. She is married but her husband doesn’t work–collects disability for a so-called back injury (yet, he drove a motorcycle across the state) and she seems content on being the sole bread winner. If he lets her go, at least they have his disability income, which isn’t very much.

But on the other hand, I get tired of her drama with her family and such. Always something coming up that she needs to deal with and I’ve been left holding the bag more than once while she took off to take care of personal business. Plus, I certainly wouldn’t mind working 40 hours again–there are some bills that will go away because I now can make larger payments.

So here I sit hopefully looking forward to full time pay again but dreading the drama that will come with it. Then he may not do anything at all–he’s complained about her before. So wish me the best in the next few weeks–my coworker will be totally pissed if she’s laid off and I’m the one they’ll keep. Then on the other hand, she’s done this to herself. Just a bunch of stuff hanging over my head that I need to lighten.

Jasmine
        Participant

Hugs hun!! Some people just don’t see that even having a job is a great thing in this economy. Your boss can probably find someone that will work harder for less money right now. You might want to remind her of that.

Good luck with that!! I know for a fact last year I got a merit raise and a few other co-workers I work with didn’t…I’m always being told I’m one of the best workers…I think that makes others secretly despise me…but who knows!!

Truth of the matter is, if you work hard you should be rewarded for it.
          If you b*tch all the time, it’s your own fault if you get fired, so…in a way I can’t blame your boss…

machineguts
          Participant

Eeek, that does not sound like a good situation at all. πŸ™ I hope everything gets worked out for everyone!

Anonymous

It sounds like she has done this to herself… if I was the sole bread winner… I would do my best to be the best worker i could…. now adays you cant afford not to. Try not to stress to much over it…just do the best you can.

Keep your chin up…

You do your job, she does not. I am in the same situation except the other is the owner’s wife so you know who will be let go first, not the wife, LOL!

The only security I have is the fact she will HAVE TO WORK if I am not here…

BUT we have not been paid in 3 weeks, money is coming it just has not got here yet…my hubby being down, is a bit pissy and wants me to leave BUT jobs are a sacred thing now a days. We have used our little extra we keep to get us through this mess and hopefully the money will come…he took out a loan on his life insurance until our invoices are paid, it is like a 30 day turn around time. She cannot seem to keep enough on hand for payroll each week…she gambles, they live high on the hog, do not like to put the money back into the business, such stuff as that.

Why am I here, I get all my work done first thing in the morning, get all my side business work done after that, I am 3 minutes from the school house and my son if he needs me, and I can surf the web whenever…Great Job, nasty pay, πŸ˜†

The beauty of it is, I work really, really fast, don’t dilly dally and they have no issues as far as me doing my job, I do hers as well, just faster, or doing my side business at work, or playing on the Internet when I have the time…Great Job, nasty pay…did I say that already? πŸ˜€

Office, Benefits, Safety Manager & Project Coordinator with 12 employees

None of us want to see others in a mess but they do bring that mess on themselves. Just like me with this income thing, it is just about time to pee or get off the pot and find a real job, one that pays…so I should not complain, I am doing this to myself…SEE?

Keep your chin up and hopefully your situation will improve without the drama bringing you down, GOOD LUCK! & HUGS!

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Well today was a bad, bad day. I was the only office person there and it seemed that everything ‘blew’ up. My boss is upset with my coworker and also with his brother! Ugly scene on Monday–man! We are getting busy but the money isn’t coming in–it’s so frustrating! Problem is if we are getting busy and customers start calling and no office staff there to help, they’re going to get pissed! I hope things get better–my boss will not do anything until after the holidays–said he would never lay someone off during Thanksgiving or Christmas! I’m going crazy trying to get everything done! I really could use some good news right now–some real good news.

Maria
                Participant

I’m sorry you’re going through so much stress, LadyFirebird. I have to say, though, your boss sounds like a pretty decent, maybe even soft-hearted guy. It’s nice of him not to lay anyone off during the holidays, but maybe a bit counterproductive to keep around people like the woman who doesn’t do her job.

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

The good news is that we lurvs ya no matter what!!! I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with that sort of nonsense. Makes me very glad to so blessed that I don’t have to work outside my home. I remember those days and not fondly, either… Hugs for you!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

darjeb
                    Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

The good news is that we lurvs ya no matter what!!! I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with that sort of nonsense. Makes me very glad to so blessed that I don’t have to work outside my home. I remember those days and not fondly, either… Hugs for you!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

I agree with twindragonsmum I am so glad I am no longer in the work place. I have been retired for over 11 years now and enjoyed every moment of it. Trying to find or keep a job in today environment is scary. I worked for the same company for over 37 years so I was very lucky to never have faced layoff, etc. and feel so sorry for young people today facing this. and yes I am the old lady of the Forum

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

darjeb wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

I agree with twindragonsmum I am so glad I am no longer in the work place. I have been retired for over 11 years now and enjoyed every moment of it. Trying to find or keep a job in today environment is scary. I worked for the same company for over 37 years so I was very lucky to never have faced layoff, etc. and feel so sorry for young people today facing this. and yes I am the old lady of the Forum

Well I’m one of the ‘old’ ones myself only I’m not quite old enough to retire. I could try for early retirement in 5 years if I am able to exist on what benefits they’ll pay me–I’ll have to settle for a cut if I do. I do look forward when I don’t have to deal with working outside the home. Tired of the games, drama and general bs that flies around the work place. This has been a bad, bad, bad, bad month for me and I’m trying to keep my wits together. If you don’t see me for a while, I’m trying to not go insane!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.