fbpx

Bettas

Home Forums Miscellany Community Bettas

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Bear in mind that Bettas are fantastic jumpers. Not all will jump but many do; buying or making a lid for an open tank is in your best interest. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Melody, I have one of his bettas!

His tank looks a bit different now but I don’t have an updated photo yet. It’s an 8 gallon.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Kiya
        Participant

Bear in mind that Bettas are fantastic jumpers. Not all will jump but many do; buying or making a lid for an open tank is in your best interest. 🙂

Yeah, Susie told me that yesterday! *GULP* I had no idea!

I’m going to go down to the hardware store once the tank arrives, buy a piece of plexi, and cut it to size for a lid.

I’m so glad you guys thought to tell me or we would probably have a tragedy on our hands week 1!

I have a ten gallon. It is home to two minnows and a colony of snail. I would love a salt water. My favorite kind of fish is an albino bristle nose pleco.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Sirithiliel
          Participant

I have an albino bristle nose! His nose is so spiky..he’s got spikes on his spikes! he’s awesome ^.^

Managed to get a picture of him after luring him out of his cave with an algae tablet

Kiya
            Participant

Melody, I have one of his bettas!

I just bought one today, Jennifer!!!

I hope he makes it all the way to Oregon! I’ll post photos once he gets here. He’s sending me some low-light aquatic plants and a snail too!

Rachel
              Participant

Bettas aren’t terribly difficult. Warm, soft water and a sponge filter in a 2-3 gallon tank are best. Plants are wonderful–preferably live or silk (plastic will likely leave his fins ragged). If you want to have gravel (which you probably will if you have plants), try to stick to a dark color if you have a dark colored fish or lighter if you have a lighter colored fish. Contrary to popular belief, he will not blend in, but will be more confident and more colorful. Yes, they’re pretty good jumpers. I had one that would jump from the water for blood worms I would hold for him. He was fun–but I definitely had a lid for him. Have fun with your new fish. They do ship well, so he’ll probably be just fine when he arrives. Just make sure to acclimate him to his new water slowly.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.