fbpx

Besides the Secret Keeper….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Besides the Secret Keeper….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

Are there any other new dragon poses you are working on to go with all these new colors? Are you having any luck with the secret keeper? (hollowing)

Melody
        Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Are there any other new dragon poses you are working on to go with all these new colors? Are you having any luck with the secret keeper? (hollowing)

uh .. no luck, yet.
          I have a couple dragon designs I have been working on, but not for color. One is an out door dragon..and one is an I-don’t-know-what dragon. I haven’t done any sculpting for months, things take longer that way..and dragons take forever to finish anyway.

Skigod377
          Participant

Thank you! I was just wondering. Good luck with the Secret Keeper. I really hope to see her in production.

Melody
            Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Thank you! I was just wondering. Good luck with the Secret Keeper. I really hope to see her in production.

…gad, me too!

littleironhorse
              Participant

A question and an opinion:

Why is it so important to find a way to get a hollow core on the Secret Keeper?

The reason I ask is, on a piece that’s going to be fairly expensive anyway, in my opinion, even if you were to cut the shipping in half, I don’t see that it’s going to make such a big difference overall anyway… What I mean is, for such a big and beautiful piece, I would expect the shipping to be expensive and it wouldn’t stop me from buying it. When I save for this one, I will just have to save a little more to cover the extra shipping.

And seeing as you have sold 15 so far on ebay without any problem, I doubt I’m the only one who feels that way?

Skigod377
                Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

The reason I ask is, on a piece that’s going to be fairly expensive anyway, in my opinion, even if you were to cut the shipping in half, I don’t see that it’s going to make such a big difference overall anyway… What I mean is, for such a big and beautiful piece, I would expect the shipping to be expensive and it wouldn’t stop me from buying it. When I save for this one, I will just have to save a little more to cover the extra shipping.

And seeing as you have sold 15 so far on ebay without any problem, I doubt I’m the only one who feels that way?

I dont think it was so much shipping it onsie-twosies to us, as shipping it in large quantities to dealers. (?) Maybe?

This issue was discussed quite a bit in this thread.

For the reasons I mentioned in that thread, it seems feasible to ship even the solid core Secret Keepers to the dealers. I don’t know if there are other factors that I’m not aware of…

Maria
                  Participant

Well, I-d buy one or two or however many colors there are available. I-m used to paying lots of shipping. ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
                    Keymaster

littleironhorse wrote:

And seeing as you have sold 15 so far on ebay without any problem, I doubt I’m the only one who feels that way? The shipping wouldn’t be such a problem if it was only once,one way, but we replace damaged things from the stores.It is possible that we (or somebody) would have to pay shipping there and back again if a Secret Keeper gets chipped or scratched. That would be pretty expensive, for a thirty-two pound dragon.
                      We would love to lighten her up first. That would also save the poor painter’s back who lifts those things. (Guess who’s)
                      The other problem with a big piece like this, is that she takes a month to dry! They would take up alot of space in the drying area.

Maria
                      Participant

Phooey. That means we-re stuck with SEs for another bunch of months.

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Melody wrote:

The other problem with a big piece like this, is that she takes a month to dry! They would take up alot of space in the drying area.

I never thought of that! I imagine that having a hollow core also speeds drying time quite a bit!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

What about doing the Secret Keeper as a “Buy Selected Things Direct”? With the understanding that the dragon would be painted after purchase and the buyer would have to wait 4-6 weeks to get the dragon? Most people who buy from artists would understand the waiting period – I once bought a piece from Hudson River Inlay that I had to wait a few months until a)it was done and b)I paid it off. (I am not suggesting a payment scheme for the SK – I realize keeping track of it would be a headache for Karen). Then you would only have to ship the piece once. The only problem would be if once they were available that way a lot of people all ordered at once but since forum members are the ones most likely to find out about them we would be patient about getting them! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bob

The problem I see is that people out there that are not a part of the forum and have never oddered from an artist would get totally impatient waiting. I do not think most people would wait 4-6 weeks.
                            I know I would especially since I know the quality but after seeing the factory size and hearing how long it takes for a SK to dry I do not see how they can make a lot at a time.

Is there any way to speed up the drying process??

Skigod377
                            Participant

Yeah…making it hollow ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.