fbpx

BEOWULF!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community BEOWULF!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Watch this movie. Awesome animation, and translation and extension to the classic. Great action, and dragon scenes towards the end.

Skigod377
    Participant

Thats the name of a hero in one of my romance novels πŸ˜†

Seeing it soon. Love Angie (and have met her a number of times and she is really a very kind, gentle [and opinionated but in that good way] person that you feel you can tell anything to).

So pleased you enjoyed it and now Im even more eager to see it! Thank you for no SPOILERS as well! πŸ˜€

Katherine
      Participant

I really want to see it, but (Maybe a spoiler) I have heard that it deviated from the original story.

Purplecat
        Participant

Hummmmm….I was hoping they’d stay true to the story, but I’ve been considering watching it, it looks really well done. πŸ˜€

Jodi
          Participant

We’ll see. I met Neil Gaiman (who wrote it) at the fantasy conference I was presenting at yesterday. He said it’s based on Beowulf. But he likes to reinterpret things, so it may be a bit different than the original. I’ve studied the original a number of times, and I am going to go see this movie sometime soon, so I’ll let you know how different it is. I know for a fact that Grendel’s mother is different, because she is too beautiful in the movie and KISSES Beowulf, which NEVER happens in the original. In the original, she is a MONSTER (and ugly) and Beowulf fights with her a hard battle and KILLS her (which is different than kissing her :)). I don’t know how much else will be different.

Gaiman said something interesting though, at the conference, he said that he loves Grendel’s mother because she’s the only mother of a monster in literature and she doesn’t have a name. She’s just somebody’s mum.

Funny! πŸ˜€

Purplecat
            Participant

Oh cool! Definately let us know what you think of it! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
              Participant

I’ll be going to see it next weekend. I love Neil (he’s such a sweetie) and his stuff so I definitely wanted to go.

Kujacker
                Participant

emerald212 wrote:

I know for a fact that Grendel’s mother is different, because she is too beautiful in the movie and KISSES Beowulf, which NEVER happens in the original. In the original, she is a MONSTER (and ugly) and Beowulf fights with her a hard battle and KILLS her (which is different than kissing her :)). I don’t know how much else will be different.

…In the preview? That woman in the red dress? THAT’S Grendel’s MOM?! What? Ah man… whhhy. I was wondering who that was in the previews. I only read the story once, and I remembered both monsters… making Grendel’s mom human is… different… πŸ˜•

It’s in IMAX theatres here. But if I want to pay that much, I’ll just see Transformers again (my state is one of the only four that are still playing TF… lucky!!)

Lupin
                  Participant

Want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, want to, buuutttt Male & I can’t both go since Khym, and we don’t wanna take him to regular viewings it kinda rude, but I don’t think any of the “Reel Babies” places are going to show it. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

lamortefille
                    Participant

I had to Google “Reel Babies”. What a neat idea for parents with babies/young kids. I am not a movie goer. I find the adults are too ignorant and annoying. πŸ˜†

Rusti
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

I had to Google “Reel Babies”. What a neat idea for parents with babies/young kids. I am not a movie goer. I find the adults are too ignorant and annoying. πŸ˜†

And how. My second viewing of Transfomers, there was a little boy down front that was perfectly behaved the whole movie.

behind me was an adult couple who were talking quite audibly through the first half of the movie before they finally got up and left/were asked to leave.

Maria
                        Participant

Kujacker wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

I know for a fact that Grendel’s mother is different, because she is too beautiful in the movie and KISSES Beowulf, which NEVER happens in the original. In the original, she is a MONSTER (and ugly) and Beowulf fights with her a hard battle and KILLS her (which is different than kissing her :)). I don’t know how much else will be different.

…In the preview? That woman in the red dress? THAT’S Grendel’s MOM?! What? Ah man… whhhy. I was wondering who that was in the previews. I only read the story once, and I remembered both monsters… making Grendel’s mom human is… different… πŸ˜•

😯 My thoughts exactly, Kujacker. I’ve read Beowulf, and it looks like they Hollywoodized it good for the movie. I was thinking about watching it, but if that woman in the red dress is Grendel’s mother, I think I’ll just pass.
                          It’s a pity, because I love the Beowulf story.

Actually, the woman in the RED dress is Wealthow. >_>
                          Grendal’s mother is Angelina Jolie, and as to looking human, I believe (after watching the movie) she only looks that way to man to seem more appealing..
                          It confused me at first, but it made sense when Hrothgar spoke to Beowulf later about her.

It was a very interesting version though, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it.

Kujacker wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

It’s in IMAX theatres here. But if I want to pay that much, I’ll just see Transformers again (my state is one of the only four that are still playing TF… lucky!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.