fbpx

Bengal Oriental dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Bengal Oriental dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

I have to say, the colors on this one are WIN! They really show off his features (and remind me why I LOVE the Oriental dragon). But for some reason, the pattern doesn’t fit… In the thumbnail, when the pic is small, I like the pattern. But in the larger pictures, it’s just too…big? I don’t know. I think if the pattern were modified to move more toward maybe a ball python pattern it might work better with the scales. Just my opinion. What does everyone else think? (it’s on ebay right now)

Rachel
      Participant

Adaneth
        Participant

I like it just the way it is, and I hope she paints more. I can’t help wondering how it would appear with black-and-orange tiger colors, too! πŸ˜€

Melody
          Keymaster

ghostndragon wrote:

I have to say, the colors on this one are WIN! They really show off his features (and remind me why I LOVE the Oriental dragon). But for some reason, the pattern doesn’t fit… In the thumbnail, when the pic is small, I like the pattern. But in the larger pictures, it’s just too…big? I don’t know. I think if the pattern were modified to move more toward maybe a ball python pattern it might work better with the scales. Just my opinion. What does everyone else think? (it’s on ebay right now)

I have found that I prefer to have large spots on Bengal things rather than lots of small spots. This is because the smaller spots, unless they are placed very carefully and toned down a lot, really seem to me that they distract from the flow of the pieces by adding too much random “noise” to the design. I can try smaller spots. They can work if they are placed carefully in a pattern that reinforces the motion of the creatures body. This dragon was a joke really, I didn’t think a dragon would look good in a spotty pattern at all! But he looks like a fish.
            Edit* Oh, I see what you mean, I hadn’t seen the photos of him yet. He does look overly spotty! For some reason he doesn’t look that contrasty in real life. Maybe because I look at him from the top more than from the sides.

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

I actually really LOVE that dragon. My jaw dropped when I saw him. He’s perfect for me because I love dragons and I love cats. That dragon is like a double-wammy for me 😈 . To bad I’ll never be able to afford one if they only show up on ebay. (made sure to copy and save the pics, at least πŸ˜€ )

lamortefille
              Participant

I like him….I thought “reptile” rather than “fish”, though.

Rachel
                Participant

Melody wrote:

Edit* Oh, I see what you mean, I hadn’t seen the photos of him yet. He does look overly spotty! For some reason he doesn’t look that contrasty in real life. Maybe because I look at him from the top more than from the sides.

Hmm… I’d LOVE to see him in real life. πŸ˜‰ Maybe if someone from the forum wins him, they’ll take some more pictures. It’s not that I don’t like him, but there’s something I can’t put my finger on… Like I said, though, the colors are fantastic. I love them and his face, especially, looks great with it.

Megan
                  Participant

He makes me think of snow leopards and monasteries in the high Himalayas of Tibet. And I love him. And if there was ever anything I would beg to be made a limited production store piece, this would be it. Bengal cats… Bengal griffins… Bengal Poads… all cute, but this dragon is just the prettiest dang thing I’ve seen in a month of Sundays. *contemplates quitting school and getting a second job to bid on the test paint*

Nicole
                    Participant

I dont normally like the orientals dragons in most colors but I LOVE him in that color. I wish there was going to be a LP store run of something similar. I wouldnt be able to resist πŸ˜€

Mmloda
                      Participant

Same here…i never really wanted one until I saw this guy..WOW..he looks stunning …I LOVE his colors and the marking on him… πŸ™‚

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
                        Participant

I’d squeek* for LP in these guys.

Melissa
                          Participant

He’s awesome. Looks like someone you’d find in a river, most appropriate for the sculpt.

Here’s a fourth squeek* for limited production, if possible. πŸ˜€

Heather
                            Participant

I absolutely adore him, and I know the bidding will shoot the moon on him! I really like the combination of both the colors and the blotchy stripes with spots; the way they accentuate the flow of the piece works very well for me. This is definitely a winner! If you ever considered doing these beauties as LP, I would be clawing at the computer screen with one hand while frantically typing my way through the Store purchase process with the other!

I’ll make it a fifth squeek* for a limited production! This dragon is fantastic!!

If anyone saved a pic of him, can they post it for those of us who weren’t able to see him on ebay? I really want to see what he looks like! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.